Talk

Advanced search

When will they invent the perfect WC flush?

(3 Posts)
Tigertots Thu 27-Nov-14 23:22:12

A mega-embarrassing issue that has been making me anxious for years: what's the best, least stressful & most hygienic way to cope when a stool stubbornly resists being flushed away? Is it possible to live without dreading one's next Number 2?

I'm not actually a parent, but I came across an old discussion about this sort of thing, from this forum. Someone said that it's best to break it all up with a lollipop-stick; someone else recommended pouring washing-up liquid into the loo. Are these methods foolproof? Is it safe to put washing-up liquid into any toilet, including septic-tank ones?

If I could live without this worry, I'd be very grateful...An aside: do others find it easier to come to terms with p**ping if they can get proof-in-writing that someone they fancy/someone they want to look like, does it? Well, I've fancied 2 of the Young Ones (Rik & Vyv), and they had bodily functions galore!

hissingcat Sun 30-Nov-14 20:57:49

Chuck a basin full of water down as you flush.
I'd be looking at changing your diet too if your poo doesn't flush every time.
What type of flush has your toilet got? some of the push button ones can be adjusted inside the cistern to allow more water to be flushed down.

PigletJohn Sun 30-Nov-14 21:26:31

remove the old syphon and fit a new Fluidmaster Flapper Valve

Effectively it opens a trapdoor in the bottom of the cistern and the water simply falls out with maximum force and surprisingly quietly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now