Talk

Advanced search

How do you keep your bathroom and sinks water free?

(8 Posts)
IsItTeaYoureLookingFor Thu 27-Nov-14 15:39:03

I recently went to someone's house and used their bathroom. It was immaculately clean but the thing which I noticed more than anything was that there wasn't a single drop of water seen anywhere on the floor or even on the sink! It was bone dry.

Do you think she wipes everything down after each use? Am I missing a trick?

ErrolTheDragon Thu 27-Nov-14 15:47:02

If the sink was dry, either she'd cleaned it just before you arrived and wiped it dry or else she has an ensuite which she always uses instead of this one.

Dry floor is just a matter of (a) not splashing and (b) appropriate mats.

pieinthesky123 Thu 27-Nov-14 16:02:24

Perhaps she uses a microfibre cloth everywhere. I find that cif spray sort of repels water if used regularly enough on bathroom areas and polishes off well with a microfibre cloth.

You could perhaps ask her to share her secret with you, she will probably be flattered that you noticed and then you can tell us what said so we can try it.wink

IsItTeaYoureLookingFor Thu 27-Nov-14 17:00:22

Actually yes. I am going to ask her! I just hope she doesn't think I'm a bit strange for asking. Shall definitely report back.

hissingcat Thu 27-Nov-14 21:19:28

I dry my bathroom sink out after every use blush

PigletJohn Thu 27-Nov-14 22:13:59

there is a family bathroom, covered in water, hair and cobwebs, but she showed you the special guest one.

IsItTeaYoureLookingFor Thu 27-Nov-14 22:21:17

Hissingcat did I visit you? wink
What do you use?

Piglet no it was the family bathroom which everyone uses.

Dancingincircles Fri 28-Nov-14 00:03:14

I'll bet she wiped it all just before you arrived as that's what I always do with my microfibre cloth. Saying that I would never notice that someone had a water free sink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now