Talk

Advanced search

Storage is not the solution. Marie Kondo is. Stay tidy for ever.

(1000 Posts)
Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 24-Nov-14 19:10:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NeverFreezeLobsters Mon 24-Nov-14 19:17:01

Thanks for the new thread!

GrouchyKiwi Mon 24-Nov-14 19:18:33

Thanks for thread.

I'm going to get stuck in when we've finished painting some rooms.

Beyoncescat Mon 24-Nov-14 19:18:57

Where do I register? grin

I need to de clutter last time I done it was about 18 months ago hmm

Daydreamersea Mon 24-Nov-14 19:21:11

Marking place, now off to reunite socks if I can, if not they go out in the cold once I wish them a fond farewell smile

newlark Mon 24-Nov-14 19:21:26

Joining the new thread! I've been a bit dormant due to work pressures but have an opportunity to clear some books and toys to the school Christmas Fair so am hoping to tackle those categories this week. Interestingly, although I didn't fully do my clothes, I have managed to keep my wardrobe and drawers tidy and neatly folded for weeks now everything fits in so am quite chuffed about that smile. I think I need to re-read the book to re-inspire me.

GoldfishSpy Mon 24-Nov-14 19:22:24

She is bonkers isn't she though I secretly like the idea of my clothes being more 'comfortable' in the wardrobe when hung alongside those of a similar nature. I like to imagine them chatting and inviting each other over for drinks

Lunaballoon Mon 24-Nov-14 19:24:57

Who/what is Marie Kondo?

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 24-Nov-14 19:37:28

educatingarti Mon 24-Nov-14 20:21:21

Thanks for the new thread. Of to kondo the kitchen drawer of doom! The one where everything falls out when you try to find anything

NotCitrus Mon 24-Nov-14 21:41:41

Can I just be a bit smug that I always folded my pants because they just feel wrong otherwise?

Have sold bunch of stuff on EBay and started wrapping Christmas presents (so they can be out in a neat stack) and sprained my fingers, so time to stop tidying again. Ho hum.

StuntNun Mon 24-Nov-14 21:42:03

Hello shiny new thread.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 24-Nov-14 21:58:48

ememem84 Mon 24-Nov-14 22:05:25

Joining with intrigue. Have read some bits of kondos. Not sure yet whether I agree with the method. Will try and report back.

sugaronsnow Mon 24-Nov-14 22:11:24

Sounds interesting. I'd like to join in if I may.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 24-Nov-14 22:17:19

NoMoreMissusNiceGuy Mon 24-Nov-14 22:17:34

Nice new thread grin

I kondoed my ds1's (19) chest of drawers this afternoon. I went from thinking he needed loads of new clothes to thinking all he really needs is one pair of decent jeans/trousers and a jumper. Result.

He was quite impressed too!

Next will be ds2's drawers ..... I know they can only get better. No-one really needs 14 school polo shirts do they? wink

Hubb Mon 24-Nov-14 22:29:29

Marking place, have just tidied up the old thread. Off to sleep now before DS wakes up again....

trainersandaches Mon 24-Nov-14 22:33:18

I am sloooowly Kondoing my home and it is changing my life. I'm not even joking! grin

I am more punctual, polished, relaxed and happier - still a way to go but it is going so well!

seasalt Mon 24-Nov-14 22:50:57

Thanks for that Bakewell smile going to keep it in the freezer from now on.

Rummikub Mon 24-Nov-14 22:52:23

New thread smile

MsBug Mon 24-Nov-14 23:01:51

Hello all, thanks for the new thread ohno.

I kondoed the fridge. Chucked out all of those mysterious pickles and sauces which were breeding their own ecosystems at the back. Didn't go as far as standing the carrots upright though grin

didireallysaythat Tue 25-Nov-14 07:17:54

I draw the line at folding carrots msbug

MrsCurrent Tue 25-Nov-14 07:32:17

Yippee, new thread, just the nudge I need to carry on. Stalled a few weeks ago but pleased to report things are still a lot better than they used to be! Kids' rooms to kondo pre-christmas next shock

OneWaySystemBlues Tue 25-Nov-14 08:04:13

I have definitely slowed down, but I'm still at it. I'm on my kitchen stuff now. Went through all the pans and got rid of the duff ones; been through the understairs cupboard and cleaning stuff, got rid of a lot of that; been through tea towels - got rid of all but 5!; been through the man-drawer and sorted it into batteries, tape, little box of glue etc; been through the other 'crap-drawer' and it is now a drawer of stationery stuff, which is handy. All in one place.

Going to do food cupboards next. Then the cupboard which is full of random plates, casseroles and glasses that were wedding presents and have hardly ever been used. Going to take yet another bag to charity shop today - feeling a bit self conscious and I'm practically living in our Oxfam at the moment....

This thread is not accepting new messages.