Talk

Advanced search

Where do you keep your towels?

(14 Posts)
TheLittleOneSaidRollOver Mon 24-Nov-14 09:46:29

I am not sure where to keep them. I don't have an airing cupboard. Current solutions unsatisfactory (the cats keep sitting on them amongst other problems).

Where do you keep your towels?

InkleWinkle Mon 24-Nov-14 09:50:32

I have only just managed to get a cupboard for them! For 12 years I've kept them in the drawers under the spare room bed.

MadeInChorley Mon 24-Nov-14 09:52:06

Airing cupboard above the hot water tank. Swimming towels, beach towels and guest towels are in a chest of drawers in the spare room.

Ruhrpott Mon 24-Nov-14 09:53:57

I keep them in the airing cupboard (unhelpful I know!). When we didn't have an airing cupboard I kept them in a narrow tall cupboard in the bathroom.

Ruhrpott Mon 24-Nov-14 09:54:51

My Mum has them in one of those big old wooden chests on her landing.

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 24-Nov-14 09:58:25

Bottom of wardrobe. They smell of wood and washing liquid smile

If not there, then they would be in the underbed drawers. We don't have an airing cupboard, we've a boiler cupboard but it is downstairs and its the coat and shoe cupboard, no room for towels!

MrsCurrent Mon 24-Nov-14 10:24:42

Dh built a cupboard outside the bathroom in some dead space, before this we had a tall slim cupboard in the bathroom. My dm had a small metal shelf thing from Argos in the bathroom high above the loo that had them rolled on so looked nice when there was no option for a cupboard.

WrappedInABlankie Mon 24-Nov-14 10:28:00

Mine, guest and hand towel On a towel rail in the bathroom, more guest towels in the airing cupboard and ds's over the banister

spottymoo Mon 24-Nov-14 21:56:21

Now we have them in an airing cupboard at the old house I had to large wicker baskets stacked on top of each other one for towels the other for bedding.

Mrsgrumble Mon 24-Nov-14 23:36:48

In a wicker storage cube (asda) in main bathroom. It has a lid and is a useful seat

Mumstudentbum Tue 25-Nov-14 10:49:57

Hand towels are in a cupboard in the bathroom as we have cupboards running down one side of the bathroom. Bath towels are kept in the building wardrobe in out bedroom and tea towels on the bottom shelf in a slim cupboard in the kitchen under the wrapping paper lol

Graciescotland Tue 25-Nov-14 10:57:54

Monks bench in the hall (outside the bathroom) also a useful seat. Lovely old oak thing that we picked up on Ebay fairly cheaply.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Tue 25-Nov-14 14:33:25

Airing cupboard. I've never lived in a house without an airing cupboard, so don't know what I'd do if faced with the issue!

BeCool Tue 25-Nov-14 15:56:40

On an IKEA bar shelf fitted above the bathroom door (good use of space)

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30049279/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now