Talk

Advanced search

How do you organise your housework and chores?

(5 Posts)
scrimper Mon 24-Nov-14 09:26:52

hi. currently in hospital but sat thinking about ways to be more organised and less stressed at home.
I enjoy writing lists out and ticking them off, as I think it makes me see what I have achieved. and shows DH that I haven't sat on my arse all day

But I currently sit and write a list out every morning. Not sure if there is a better way of doing it, maybe there isn't but sometimes mumsnetters have super fab ideas that haven't occurred to me.
Some things like loading dishwasher, cleaning kitchen sides etc I do every day, so in some ways it's silly to write them every day. But I like to have something to show for it blush

what do you organised ladies do?

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 24-Nov-14 09:33:15

Not at home but at work, I have a typed checklist. It has AM tasks, PM tasks (done daily), and on the other side, WEEKLY tasks - Monday X, Tuesday Y etc.

Could you type something up and print one for each day of the month? Then just tick as you do stuff? I love a good list, and even after four years in my job, I do complete the Checklist daily.

ethelcardew Wed 26-Nov-14 10:17:05

Oooh lists - I love 'em! I find it stressful to have all these little tasks floating around in my head and it really helps to just be able to tick it off and forget about it. I've sat down and thought about what really does need to be done in order for me to have a less stressful daily life and made a new routine to follow that I'm trying to ingrain. Eventually it will become a habit and I won't need these lists but for now it's really working for me.

I have my AM and PM routine listed on a post-it note that I stick in my diary and then I write M T W Th... along the top of the diary page to make a grid so that I can tick off each task under the appropriate day and then just move the post-it to the next week.

As for cleaning tasks, I have printed and laminated my weekly schedule with a tick box for each task and I stuck it to the inside of my cleaning cupboard along with a dry-erase pen. I also have a list of deep cleaning tasks, of which I try to do 3 each week until the list is all ticked off and then I start again. Flylady zones didn't really work for me so I just do whatever needs doing the most and make sure I complete all tasks within a month or so.

IsItTeaYoureLookingFor Thu 27-Nov-14 14:59:39

I have daily cleaning tasks that I have from Mon to Fri which tackles each room per day. And I have one part of the kitchen per day.so the whole house is cleaned once a week.

Mostlyjustaluker Sat 29-Nov-14 13:31:59

Decide who is doing what including children. There is only me and DH so I do upstairs, he does down stairs, he does dishwashers and cleaning after dinner and I do clothes washing.

I don't have much time during the week so I just spend 10 mins a day tidying, do odd jobs ie emptying bins and pop the washing on who there is a full load. I clean on a Saturday morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now