Talk

Advanced search

saggy bottomed sofa

(4 Posts)
sacbina Sun 23-Nov-14 21:03:59

huge feather filled sofa. now 14 years old so seat cushions are flat as anything, need a plump before any sit down
can't afford to replace, what can I do. can I just get new filling? does it have to be feather? if foam filled where can I get it? is it something for an upholsterer or can I do it myself??

thank you smile

olbas Sun 23-Nov-14 22:57:40

I just had a quick look on you tube and there are quite a few that could help you. Years ago I sorted out our saggy sofa by putting a couple of old pillows under the seats . It worked but you probably want something nicer...have a look at the videos, I don't think it's that hard to do...says she grin

wowfudge Sun 23-Nov-14 23:17:39

Do an internet search for replacement foam seat pads or something along those lines.

I did this a couple of years ago after finding the foam in some sofa cushions had perished on the outer layers and was looking rather flat. Found a brilliant little furniture store where the guy is an upholsterer so knows his stuff and got replacement pads from him. Foam is more supportive and harder wearing than other seat stuffings.

wowfudge Sun 23-Nov-14 23:19:20

Just to be clear - you don't need an upholsterer, just someone who knows about different types and grades of foam and how to measure and cut it to size accurately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now