Talk

Advanced search

Mattress topper for sofa bed

(11 Posts)
justabigdisco Sat 22-Nov-14 22:19:22

I recently bought a sofa bed, and shelled out extra for the one with the pocket sprung mattress.

Glad I did as the other mattress looked horrible, but the one we have is still thin, squashy and not that comfy.

My parents are staying a few days over Xmas and I'd like to make it as comfy as possible for them so I don't have to give up my own bed

Have read about memory foam mattress toppers, but aren't they all squashy and hot? I like a firm mattress.

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated!

justabigdisco Sun 23-Nov-14 13:39:44

Anyone?

Mosling Sun 23-Nov-14 14:25:43

Use a duvet as a mattress topper. That's what my mum (60+) does on our sofa bed, and no extra purchase/ storage needed.

justabigdisco Sun 23-Nov-14 20:16:03

Thanks! Does that make it any firmer though or still squashy?

Cornonthecob Mon 24-Nov-14 07:21:03

IME foam mattress topper will definitely be more comfortable than duvets! Kids might not notice but adults yes... A 2" thick topper will make a difference.

fuzzpig Mon 24-Nov-14 07:25:40

Where does one get a mattress topper please? I need one for DD's bed as we can't get a new mattress.

Cornonthecob Mon 24-Nov-14 07:36:22

Various at Argos such as http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/2574163.htm or search eBay lots of sellers!

OP maybe try one out from Argos and if not suitable you can return? Check their returns policy on mattress toppers first thought!

justabigdisco Mon 24-Nov-14 08:28:08

Thanks corn. I've never slept on memory foam though. Is it firm or squashy?

iwantgin Mon 24-Nov-14 10:51:37

I bought a thinnish mattress topper for the caravan beds. It does make a difference.

I think ours was the same as linked above - but a double size.

Cornonthecob Mon 24-Nov-14 18:00:50

I find them firm and very comfortable, I think in your situation this is better than an uncomfortable sofa bed mattress for your parents!

Waswondering Sun 30-Nov-14 08:11:06

Can I please join in ... Also just ordered a sofa bed, and mil will be staying on it. I can't quite figure it out, basically the sofa lies out flat, and I think a mattress topper would smooth it out and give me a better surface to put a sheet on! How do you store a topper when the sofa bed is in sofa mode (hope you don't mind me asking, op!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now