Talk

Advanced search

Roasting tin that can go on the hob too - recommendations please!

(9 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Thu 20-Nov-14 08:24:36

I've started putting my roasting tin onto the hob to make gravy which is all good. smile

But I don't think my roaring tins are really meant for the hob and are looking like they're starting to get wrecked. confused

Can you recommend a roasting tin that I can put on the hob too. And not too £££ as well as Christmas is on a budget! wink

PigletJohn Thu 20-Nov-14 22:03:13

the problem is that roasters are usually too thin, and the base will overheat and buckle. A steel one will do for a while, but before long it will start to go rusty and the base may stay buckled.

I have my eye on a heavy stainless Judge one suitable for pot roasts, but it is about £35 (pot and lid).

BananaPie Fri 21-Nov-14 19:00:21

I got a set of two from sainsbury's in the sale last year. (Might have been their taste the difference range, not that you can taste a tin...) anyway, they are nice and heavy based and do the job of gravy on the hob

evertonmint Sat 22-Nov-14 09:48:11

These are brilliant

Had it for 3 years, used on hob for gravy pretty much every weekend. Doesn't buckle, never stains, washed easily. Looks as good as new.

Missus2ndwife Sat 22-Nov-14 09:53:30

Mermaid tins are excellent! I've used them on gas hobs and now Aga. They are also easy to clean.
Definitely worth the investment.

Suddengeekgirl Sat 22-Nov-14 13:07:14

Thank! smile

banana those are the ones I have. The coating looks like it's about to start flaking.

everton those look very similar to cheap ikea ones. Might try the cheap version before I spend £££. wink

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 22-Nov-14 13:10:16

mermaid.

AgentAlice Sun 23-Nov-14 08:47:14

If you do end up splashing out and spending £££ then the cast iron ones are amazingly good. I have a Le Creuset that goes from the oven to the hob with no problem.

I managed to pick it up as a second so didn't pay full price, I've just realised that it is about 15 years old and is still going strong, so well worth the investment if you get the chance.

magicgirl74 Sun 23-Nov-14 18:23:20

I second the mermaid tins iv got quiet a few of these and all of my cake/pie tins are mermaid too,iv had most of them close to 10 years now and they still look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now