Talk

Advanced search

Help with Oven Problems

(3 Posts)
chocaholic73 Wed 19-Nov-14 20:42:47

I have an Indesit fan oven, probably about 4 or 5 years. Recently, it is cooking very erraticly and unevenly - if am I cooking oven chips, some will be burnt to a cinder and others are very anaemic looking. This is happening whatever the food and I am following the cooking instructions. Any ideas and is it likely to be worth repairing.

wowfudge Thu 20-Nov-14 14:25:19

Is the oven level for starters as that can affect its operation? Check it with a spirit level. Is the door seal damaged - can you feel any hotspots around the door when it's on? If heat is escaping that could explain the uneven cooking. Is the fan going round properly? It might need to be cleaned or there could be something wrong with the fan motor.

chocaholic73 Thu 20-Nov-14 17:16:50

I don't see why it wouldnt be level - it has been there since we put it in and it used to be fine. The fan sounds exactly as it always have and it is certainly going round. I guess it could need cleaning. Don't know if I would have noticed if there were any hot points from heat escaping ... I will check when I use it next. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: