Talk

Advanced search

Water stain on mattress

(4 Posts)
whethertheweather Sat 15-Nov-14 15:19:27

In the middle of the night I woke up to realise the hot water bottle had leaked and I was sleeping on a damp patch. Half asleep I turfed out the bottle and just grabbed a towel to sleep on.

In the cold light of day I discover that the water that came out must have been stained by the inside of the bottle. The two layers of sheets had water marks but worst the mattress underneath has a large nasty stain with brown edges.

It's a mattress with a tempur type topping so I can't just turn it over. Any suggestions about how to clean it?

ShatnersBassoon Sat 15-Nov-14 15:22:00

I don't suppose you have to clean it. You'll only see it when you're changing the sheets. Just make sure it's fully dry before making up the bed again. That is if you're sure it's water... wink

whethertheweather Sat 15-Nov-14 15:43:12

That's what DH helpfully questioned at 4am whilst going back to sleep and helping not at all!

Sandthorn Sat 15-Nov-14 17:24:45

If it's just cosmetic, I can't imagine why you'd care. Shame about the sheets, but how often does anyone actually see the bare mattress?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: