Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean laminate flooring?

(9 Posts)
ViperActive Sat 15-Nov-14 11:26:29

Just that really

Delphine31 Sat 15-Nov-14 11:30:23

I asked at my local hardware so when I moved in to this house as it's all laminate. They sold me a flat microfibre mop thing because it needs very little water or cleaning products both of which damage laminate. It's important not to use a lot of water or the laminate swells up.

Monica101 Sat 15-Nov-14 11:32:10

You are meant to clean it with something like this mop.

I.e. no hot water or anything that gets it very wet. However, I do use my steam cleaner on mine. But it is old and it's being replaced at some point so I am more gung ho with it than I will be with my new laminate.

gamerchick Sat 15-Nov-14 11:32:46

I just mop normally then dry with a big towel doing the funny walk round the room.

BloodyDogHairs Sat 15-Nov-14 11:41:53

I wash with a mop and bucket, I use whatever cleaning product I have in the house so it ranges from bleach to proper floor cleaner.

I've had my laminate down for about 10 years and its not swelled up apart from the section of the hall where the dog keeps peeing sad

ClaudiaNaughton Mon 17-Nov-14 18:28:03

Agree with Monica Bona floor mop. Recommended by flooring installers. Don't use water.

rabbit123 Mon 17-Nov-14 19:44:19

vacuum it and mop with hot soapy water but very tightly wrung out

Catsmamma Mon 17-Nov-14 19:48:46

sweep, and then mop....very hot water, teeny squoosh of washing up liquid and a generous squoosh of zoflora why the christmas smell one, of course really wring out the mop and then go over with a dry one....one of those flat shaggy vileda/fakey vileda ones.

SamJo3 Tue 18-Nov-14 11:11:56

Recently I got a professional end of tenancy cleaning in Fulham to please my landlord and get my deposit back. Floors were all laminate. I really like what they did with them, I've never seen them so shiny. Oh well, it might have been the technique, but I'm considering buying their product if possible. I confirm that no water was used in the process.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now