Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one to have niggles with the Lakeland airer?

(24 Posts)
lazysummer Wed 12-Nov-14 23:53:44

I know that life is too short, but airer one was squeaky; airer 2 is inconsistent in terms of heat and squeaky; airer 3 arrived with a scratch on the metal. I know I am being fussy, but they are expensive and should be perfect, shouldn't they? Has anyone else had issues?

Mehitabel6 Thu 13-Nov-14 07:48:06

Mine was fine. Lakeland are very fair and always replace if not perfect.

uggmum Thu 13-Nov-14 07:54:46

I've had no problems with mine. It doesn't squeak and the heat is consistent.
If the metal is scratched I would send it back. Hope you have better luck with number 4.

I love mine. I can dry 3 loads of washing in 24 hours.

lazysummer Thu 13-Nov-14 19:14:35

I'm a bit embarrassed about this being the 4th, but it's got to be done.
Thank you!

Allice Thu 13-Nov-14 19:17:50

I don't find mine that good, it takes the best part of a day to get one load dry, maybe I'm overloading it?

Mrsbaconandbeans Fri 14-Nov-14 00:09:20

Same here Alice, it does take. 24 hrs to dry a load and you have to be really careful not to overload!

Mehitabel6 Fri 14-Nov-14 07:53:45

They are not intended to be fast.

Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Fri 14-Nov-14 08:15:18

uggmum how do you do that , I just can't get the right arrangement to get any clothes dry in under 24 hrs. Enlighten me oh drying guru!!!

liger Fri 14-Nov-14 08:44:39

I lay the clothes flat - not hang them. And no more than 2 or 3 deep depending on the material. And then turn them ( trousers) or rearrange them (top to bottom/ adjust sleeves) every couple of hours. By doing this I can easily get two loads dry in 24 hrs.

poocatcherchampion Fri 14-Nov-14 19:06:12

what do you mean squeaky?

I don't think I'd have noticed a scratch either. it is not a display piece.

so yes, I guess I do think you are picky!! smile

Bunbaker Fri 14-Nov-14 19:07:20

I wasn't impressed with mine. I sold mine to a friend for £20 and use a spare bedroom with the windows open for drying clothes and the tumble dryer for towels.

patchesmcp Sat 15-Nov-14 06:15:00

I wasn't keen on mine initially and didn't get all the fuss that was made about them, but once I put a sheet over the top of it I noticed a big difference and now I like it.

The cats also like it a lot as they love to sleep under it and enjoy the heat grin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 15-Nov-14 17:36:17

I read reviews on line-not including lake land and MN and lots of people have issues, put me off.

lazysummer Sun 16-Nov-14 13:13:58

I agree- I am a bit obsessive. It squeaks when you touch it; it didn't at first, and I have tried to tighten the screws, to no avail.

treesntrees Mon 17-Nov-14 18:09:45

I hang three wash loads on my four line tidydry in front of a slightly open window over a radiator on minimum and it all dries in 24 hours. Cost of Tidy dry less than £20. Cost of drying, nil as radiator would be on anyway.

Pointlessfan Tue 18-Nov-14 09:40:40

I've had mine about a week and all the clothes smell of damp. I've been putting a sheet over and opening the window. What am I doing wrong? Think perhaps I'm not leaving it switched on for long enough?

Paleodad Tue 18-Nov-14 09:52:11

does anyone else's have a bit of a lean? Ours seems to slump to one side, but it fine and very efficient in all other respects. We're toying with returning it to get a replacement.

Cannotbelieveit Tue 18-Nov-14 10:01:14

Ours is fine, a load of the dc's washing dries overnight whilst we are in bed (switched on 7 hours) and our washing probably tajes about 10-12 hours (heavy items like jeans etc other light items much quicker).

We put a sheet over too. No leaning or squeaking here

Cannotbelieveit Tue 18-Nov-14 10:01:30

*takes

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:29:57

I never saw the point of them. The heated area is tiny and once it's dried the bit in contact with the wire then the rest underneath on the bottom rack air drys normally?.

10 hours is 50-60p on a cheap tariff. You could run a Tumble dryer for that.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 18-Nov-14 12:31:53

Fluffy-I know!

Lampy Tue 18-Nov-14 12:36:18

When I first got mine I was a bit underwhelmed until I put a duvet cover over it and then I was converted. I couldn't be without it now. It's currently working hard to dry my bedding after dd threw up all over it in the night.

I'm sure it's not as good as a tumble drier but I don't have the space for one and I live in a rented flat so there is the issue of what i'd do with the drier when if I moved.

Cannotbelieveit Tue 18-Nov-14 13:08:48

We don't have the space for a tumble either

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 18-Nov-14 13:34:39

All this turning/putting a sheet over it is just as much bother as my spin dryer except my spin dryer costs 4p an hour to run and is on 30-40 minutes a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now