Talk

Advanced search

Is this good routine

(17 Posts)
PiperIsOrangePumpkins Wed 12-Nov-14 14:42:36

Monday:- Hoover and polish bedrooms and change beds also landing and stairs.
Tuesday:- deep clean the bathroom
Wednesday :- Hoover and polish living room and clean sofa
Thursday :- kitchen cupboards and mop kitchen floor
Friday :- behind kitchen appliances and fridge, microwave ect
Saturday :- basic clean
Sunday :- day off.

TO BE DONE DAILY
Kitchen sides, dishes, bathroom, make beds, washing ( if needs doing)

Monthly

windows, nets, oven and under the stairs

PiperIsOrangePumpkins Wed 12-Nov-14 14:44:02

Today I have worked my ass off to get most of the list done so will start on Monday next week.

fredfredsausagehead1 Wed 12-Nov-14 14:56:41

Sounds exhausting to mesmilesmile

PiperIsOrangePumpkins Wed 12-Nov-14 17:27:45

Do you think it's too much growing up my mum was obsessive over cleaning so I don't know what normal.

My mum used to do all listed daily.

Varya Wed 12-Nov-14 17:29:21

The routine I got from the net is: Monday - floor cleaning, Tuesday - dusting Weds - fridge clearance/cleaning Thurs - table tops, counters, cooker & sink Friday - Mail and paper sorting. Obviously leaves a lot out but its been a great help to me, recently made redundant and whilst looking for work.

alemci Wed 12-Nov-14 17:32:07

sounds like too much work.

TerryDolittle Wed 12-Nov-14 18:23:14

I probably would clean behind fridge freezers etc on more of a monthly if that basis rather than weekly. But then, my house leaves a lot to be desired! grin

erin99 Wed 12-Nov-14 18:34:17

Behind kitchen appliances weekly? Gosh, that literally doesn't happen in our house. Maybe behind the microwave occasionally.

It does sound a lot, but it depends how detailed the cleaning is. What does Sat's basic clean entail? (I suspect that would be all that ever happens here...)

PiperIsOrangePumpkins Wed 12-Nov-14 19:19:28

Basic clean is make beds, bring down dirty washing and wipe the tops and load dishwasher then just make sure the toilet is clean.

Sunday just the dishwasher and tops

PiperIsOrangePumpkins Wed 12-Nov-14 19:21:40

Amended routine.

Monday :- bedrooms.
Tuesday :- landing and stairs
Wednesday :- living room.
Thursday :-mop kitchen floor
Friday :- 1 extra job.

Monthly everything I mentioned above.

erin99 Wed 12-Nov-14 19:55:17

Sounds less scary anyway!

There is an argument for doing, say, vacuuming all in one go rather than just one room/ area per day, but that is personal preference. I wish I could stick to something like this. I was ok on mat leave but housework beyond cooking & clearing up the kitchen just doesn't happen on work days. Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.

I would also train up the rest of the family to make their own beds, if they are age 3+. Making beds does not need to be a housework job.

PiperIsOrangePumpkins Wed 12-Nov-14 20:20:39

I'm currently taking 100mg of steraline ( anti depressants) I have been advised by a few people to have a routine and stick to it.

As I said growing up my mum was an obsessive cleaner, so I don't know what is normal and what is ott

CremeEggThief Wed 12-Nov-14 20:31:17

I'm currently working full-time, so my evening routine is cook dinner, make packed lunch, put away clean dishes, wash up and wipe kitchen surfaces and table down. I also put rubbish out Monday, do an online shop on Wednesday or Thursday to arrive Friday and do two loads of laundry on Friday nights.

On Saturdays, I change and wash bedding.

On Sundays, I vacuum downstairs and clean the bathroom and downstairs loo as a minimum. If I have the energy, I vacuum upstairs, dust the house, clean the mirrors and screens and mop the kitchen floor too. I also do two more loads of laundry.

And that's it!smile

ProveMeWrong Wed 12-Nov-14 23:20:56

I just do the basic routine every day and I start with the room by room tidy up. Then I brush/ mop floor once a week and in between if I think it needs doing. I air the rooms daily as part of that, plump cushions and do a quick swizz of the toilet and sink in the bathroom. The mopping, bathroom and mirrors, dusting I do every Friday with clean bed sheets that day, so basically a little whirl wind once a week so everything is really nice for the weekend.
So my week is:
Mon - basic tidy (heavier tidying up day after weekend) and catch up on weekend laundry,
Tuesday - basic tidy and some extra kind of job like declutter ing or paperwork,
Wednesday - basic tidy and shopping day (that's our market day),
Thursday - basic tidy and a cuppa!
Friday - as described above.
I also don't start any of this before I have done some exercise. So get into my trackies and tshirt, drop toddler off at nursery, go for a jog or do 30 day shred video, do my jobs and then take shower and pick toddler up. If I don't do the exercise first, it doesn't happen as I get engrossed in the house or mumsnet Just something to maybe factor in, as exercise is a big helper for a lot of people with depression. This is my personal experience too.

Kim82 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:12:36

My routine:

Daily - tidy beds, collect dirty washing, wipe over toilet and sink with antibacterial wipe, at least one load of washing, wash dishes, wipe down worktops and kitchen table, sweep kitchen and living room floors. Takes 45 mins max to do all of it. Ds cleans kitchen after tea so I don't have to.

Weekly - change bed covers, Hoover landing, stairs and bedrooms, scrub bathroom, mop kitchen and living room floors, dust, clean out fridge. (Jobs shared between us all on a sat morning - takes around an hour)

Monthly - clean windows and mirrors, clean behind microwave and toaster

Yearly (probably not as often as yearly) - pull out furniture and clean behind/underneath it, clean skirting boards, scrub manky oven.

flanjabelle Thu 13-Nov-14 09:20:56

My routine:

Daily: tidy up toys/other crap, washing up and clean kitchen, hoover, wash a load of washing and put any dry washing away.

Every other day: clean bathroom sink and loo, dusting.

Every week: mop floors, change sheets, clean bath and tiles.

Every month or less often: cupboards, behind furniture/appliances, skirting boards.

I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself and that won't help with the depression. Just get the basics done each day and do enough to keep your home presentable. my routine keeps my home clean and tidy, I think that's enough. Hope you feel better soon.

Lifeisforlivingkatie Fri 14-Nov-14 21:59:39

I have a cleaner Tuesday and Friday

Tuesday ironing, kitchen and bathroom go tidy bedrooms and check and tidy all house, cleaning as necessary.

Friday 4 hours change bedding,clean all the house including behind furniture.

Me laundry sat and Sunday. Make beds. Food shop , Sunday roast and daily kitchen washing up and work tops, sweep floor.

DP cooks, Tuesday and Thursday Friday we have take away or go out or sat is alternate date night or DP.

I work full time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now