Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning the drawer in a washing machine.

(12 Posts)
Pipbin Tue 11-Nov-14 09:46:13

In my last machine I could take the drawer out to clean, but I can't with this one and it's properly grim now.

I can't get at the bits that really need cleaning.

Any ideas or tips ladies?

PigletJohn Tue 11-Nov-14 09:59:26

Are you sure it won't come out? What do the instructions say?

Pouring hot tap-water through a kettle will help.

You can also put the powder in through the machine door instead of in the drawer. It dissolves better in hot washes than in cool.

Pointlessfan Tue 11-Nov-14 10:01:11

Have you got a steam cleaner you could blast it with? That worked for our washing machine. I try to remember to leave the drawer open to air after using the machine too.

wowfudge Tue 11-Nov-14 10:20:11

You might find there is something within the drawer that you need to press down to release it - there is in our machine: you pull the drawer out as far as it will go then push down on the plastic flap over the conditioner compartment and it slides out.

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 11-Nov-14 10:32:43

Ours you have to sort of lift up once you've pulled it right out and it then comes out with a gentle tug.

PigletJohn Tue 11-Nov-14 11:50:06

our Bosch has a part you press down with your finger behind the fabsoft holder (but has been in and out so often it comes out easily)

What make and model is yours?

Pipbin Tue 11-Nov-14 11:54:33

This is the manual for it. www.indesit.co.uk/indesit/_pdf/manuals/19507718902_UK.pdf

I can't see any instructions for taking the drawer out.

Pipbin Tue 11-Nov-14 11:55:33

Fibs - I've found the drawer removal bit.
I shall go and try it now!

Pipbin Tue 11-Nov-14 12:12:26

Got the bugger out. It took a fight though. I'm too ashamed to show you the drawer. But the water looked like this.

IneedAwittierNickname Tue 11-Nov-14 12:15:00

I looked at mine yesterday and thought how bogging it was. Off to investigate removing it now!

PigletJohn Tue 11-Nov-14 12:28:59

you can clean the pump now!

You might find some money in there.

NoMarymary Tue 11-Nov-14 13:48:47

Grim!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now