Talk

Advanced search

carpet cleaning

(2 Posts)
TheEndOfTheWorldAsIKnowIt Mon 10-Nov-14 10:26:19

Hi, I need to clean my living room carpet again, last time I just cleaned around the furniture (quite a new carpet) but this time I want to do under the sofas. Can I move them, clean the carpet underneath then put themback and do the rest of the carpet or do I need to let the carpet dry first? Using a carpet cleaner version of the henry Hoover (cant remember what it's called) which leaves the carpet damp but not wet if you know what I mean. and the couch is leather with just a metal frame that touches the floor rather than the whole thing if that makes a difference?

wowfudge Mon 10-Nov-14 11:35:11

If you can't empty the room, clean under where they go, move them and clean the rest of the carpet. As the sofas have a metal frame, I would protect that by wrapping in plastic so you have no issues with rust from it coming into contact with the damp carpet. Also, I wouldn't just put the sofas back in their original positions and leave them once you've finished cleaning the carpet - I'd move them close to where you want them for a couple of days to ensure the carpet that will be under them is completely dry then unwrap the plastic from the legs/frame, put them in their final positions and the bit that was under them temporarily can then dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now