Talk

Advanced search

Oven Interior Lining - which one's most efficient?

(3 Posts)
antimatter Sun 09-Nov-14 21:32:23

I am about to order a single electric oven which we will be using a lot. I am opting for a dual oven as had this functionality in the current one (old and broken oven) and is very practical.

I have however no experience of interior lining which supposed to help to speed up or provide self cleaning.

This is a list of those linings taken from John Lewis website:

*Pyrolytic enamel
*Enamel
*Partially catalytic
*Stainless steel
*Full catalytic
*Ceramic enamel

Do you have any experience and can recommend any of them being efficient in modern electric ovens? Or has any of them didn't live up to your expectations?

PigletJohn Mon 10-Nov-14 00:49:14

I have used enamel, which comes up OK with oven cleaner, but to do a thorough job I used to take the shelves and linings out and put them in the dishwasher. It can be sparkling clean if you do that (until next time it is used)

stainless, which never looks really clean

catalytic, which I am told is quite good if you do more cakes than greasy roasts, but for me, gets overwhelmed with grease from a big hot roast. The top and sides may be catalytic, but the bottom, and sometimes the back, may not be, in which case you still need to manually clean them.

I have not (yet) had a Pyrolitic, but from what I understand, it is best for self-cleaning. It may smell a bit while burning the deposits off, but I expect if you put on the extractor it will suck away the smoke.

With dual-ovens, look out for the smaller one not being fitted with the same system as the main oven.

antimatter Sat 15-Nov-14 19:51:58

Thanks PigletJohn for sharing your experience.
We use oven for roasts and reheating meals and an occasional

I was looking at Pyrolitic lining they are in most expensive ovens.
I need to buy build in owen and would look in Which magazine in the library for best recommended one.

There's fair choice of them and I can afford to wait till sales too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now