Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on how to clean an ikea sofa, the covers do not removable :(

(5 Posts)
ViperActive Sun 09-Nov-14 12:41:21

It's one of the tidafors range and the covers do not come off. Any tips on how to clean and not leave patches or anything like that

ViperActive Sun 09-Nov-14 16:39:09

I swear I did not add the -able to the end of remove in my title confused
bump

Recovering Sun 09-Nov-14 16:40:23

We have this problem. Some people do machine wash but I don't feel I can do that until I have the money available for its replacement if necessary!!

wowfudge Sun 09-Nov-14 20:50:23

I've cleaned a sofa with fixed covers using warm water and stardrops. You don't need a lot of water. I used a white cloth (old linen napkin) dunked in the water, well wrung out then rubbed over the sofa, concentrating on the grubbiest bits. Rinse cloth out regularly and replace the water and detergent when the water gets mucky.

You're aiming to have the cloth just damp so the sofa doesn't get too wet.

Norfolkandchance1234 Mon 10-Nov-14 10:04:30

Vinegar - when my DS vomited orange puke on my material sofa age 1 ish - I just freaked and phoned my DM as I just could not deal with it at that point. She told me to scrape of the vomit and get a bowl of vinegar with water and wipe it off. I only had white cider vinegar in the cupboard at the time but my god it did the trick. Stain and smell went. I now keep basic white vinegar in my cupboard for all sorts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now