Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding radiators

(4 Posts)
SweetPea3 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:22:53

I just booked a handyman to come and bleed our radiators later this week (we have lots and work long hours, so it's not going to get done by us!) - he said he would have to bring someone as it's a two man job - one person at the radiator and the other at the boiler. Does that sound right? I've only ever had one person come out before...

Appreciate your views!

r2d2ismyidealman Tue 04-Nov-14 22:24:42

No it doesn't. Honestly go to B&Q, but a rad key for less than £2 and do it yourself. I have 11 radiators, it took less than 5 minutes .

Frozennortherner Tue 04-Nov-14 22:31:10

He's saying that cause of monitoring that the pressure doesn't change over and above the bar it's supposed to be so as one lets the air out, the other monitors. However, you can do it yourself. Let air out, stop with key, check pressure; let more out and repeat. It really isn't hard but a bit messy so plenty of cloths and containers to catch dribbling water. I would give it a go if I were you. Suspect there's loads of youtube DIY clips you could watch

SweetPea3 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:44:38

Ah, thanks for this. I know we technically could do it ourselves, but we'll just never get around to it, so I'd prefer to get someone in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now