Talk

Advanced search

New mattress stained already! Grrrr!

(6 Posts)
TwoNoisyBoys Mon 03-Nov-14 21:15:07

I've scrimped and saved to buy my two DS's new mattresses.....really decent ones, as they're getting bigger and need good support. So, in the last month, DS2 has spilt a whole carton of apple juice he'd snuck into the bedroom and then last night he had a nosebleed in the middle of the night (not that this was his fault, obviously! grin)
So, now his lovely mattress has a lovely yellow stain AND a huge bloodstain! Please help me get rid of them.....what do I need to do?
TIA smile

ilovepowerhoop Mon 03-Nov-14 21:19:46

cold water with salt for the blood. Carpet cleaner for the yellow stain maybe. And get mattress protectors!

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 03-Nov-14 21:21:50

Protectors.
You can have toppers or zip-in ones.

TwoNoisyBoys Mon 03-Nov-14 22:09:31

Yes to the protectors.....the irony is I had them on their old mattresses, but because they were never needed, no accidents, I decided not to bother on the new ones......hollow laugh....!

Thanks for the cleaning suggestions though smile

Browneyesblue Wed 05-Nov-14 23:40:35

I used hydrogen peroxide to get rid of blood stains. It worked well, and only cost a couple of pounds from the pharmacy (Asda, I think). There are lots of instructions to follow online.

I did have to tell them what I needed it for before they sold it to me.

TwoNoisyBoys Thu 06-Nov-14 19:18:22

Thanks for that Browneyes.....I'll try it if the salt water doesn't work! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now