Talk

Advanced search

Finding a cleaner

(7 Posts)
didireallysaythat Mon 03-Nov-14 17:20:13

I'm thinking of trying to find a cleaner or a ckanung service. In the past I've used 'ladies what do' but I've moved so I'd be doing this without recommendations this time. I'm therefore wondering if I'm better off getting a company in. I'd want 2 hours a fortnight or 4 hours a month with 1-2 people I guess.

How do you find a great cleaner or cleaning company ????

GaryShitpeas Mon 03-Nov-14 17:22:45

I am a SE cleaner and get all my work through recommendations and now have a waiting list

so might be worth asking friends etc but if you don't know anyone who has a cleaner, perhaps post on local Fb site or lots advertise on gumtree but obvs make sure you get references etc.

good luck, most of my clients say its the best thing they ever did and makes a big difference x

didireallysaythat Mon 03-Nov-14 17:32:22

That's my problem - no local recommendations which is why I thought a company might be better..

Pico2 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:34:25

I just asked my neighbours when we moved in. Our cleaner does most of our road.

didireallysaythat Mon 03-Nov-14 17:46:54

pico my neighbour is a hoarder I think, judging from their house so not sure that's an option ! I shall see what fb comes up with I guess...

FlatCapAndAWhippet Thu 06-Nov-14 06:02:37

Put an ad in your local post office or if you've children, ask around the mums at school.

NotMrsTumble Thu 06-Nov-14 06:07:46

Definitely personal recommendation. Failing that, try a local company in the short term, rather than one of the big chains, and keep your ear to the ground. Love the friend who eventually was persuaded to pass on the details of her fab cleaners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now