Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy bedding?

(12 Posts)
hillyhilly Mon 03-Nov-14 16:59:02

We're giving my daughter a new room, she's having an aqua ish colour on one wall, v light grey on the others and colour pop picture frames and mirror frame etc.
We wanted some bedding with a bit of colour but not too garish but are struggling frankly, we've looked at john lewis, M&S, Debenhams, BHS, and Dunelm so far.
Anybody with any other suggestions please?

Graciescotland Mon 03-Nov-14 17:02:49

I rate dapw.com I've bought loads from them after a recommendation from here.

Rascalls3 Mon 03-Nov-14 23:59:12

DAPW is now Sleep and Soak and is by far the best company to buy bedding from. I too have bought loads from them ( currently awaiting delivery of a new mattress), also from an initial Mumsnet recommendation. I think all their bedding is plain and mostly white though. If they don't have what you are looking for I would have a look at Laura Ashley, Cath Kidston and IKEA

Rascalls3 Tue 04-Nov-14 00:00:56

Sorry missed Next from my list.

Deedeecupcake Tue 04-Nov-14 00:02:19

Yorkshire linen have a duvet cover with those colours in it. I think it might be called lulu..

ZenNudist Tue 04-Nov-14 00:13:02

Laura Ashley and feather and black do good quality cotton bedding. Best bought in sales.

Or get some textured white/ cream sets with aqua cushions & throw. Long lasting. Could get those anywhere.

sinkestatecar Tue 04-Nov-14 01:11:44

Debenhams? Some of the Matthew Williamson Butterfly stuff is lovely and colourful

What is a 'colour pop' frame? Intrigued

agoodbook Tue 04-Nov-14 23:13:15

We use this website for all our linen and towels- prices are good for known brands, and plenty of plain dye colours
www.justlinen.co.uk/dorma.asp

catsofa Tue 04-Nov-14 23:51:52

Wilko are doing cotton bedding - fitted sheets, pillowcases etc in lots of plain colours. Don't know if you'll like the patterned duvet covers but the plain coloured basics to go with whatever patterns you do choose should be cheaper than elsewhere and the range of colours is good.

Rattitude Thu 06-Nov-14 23:24:53

La Redoute has always got a decent selection. It is worth checking it out.

sportyme Sat 08-Nov-14 09:07:18

We always use homespacedirect.comThey have some great kids bedding abd really reasonably priced.

Superlovely Sat 08-Nov-14 09:11:38

If you have a sewing machine or a friend who does they are so easy to make?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now