Talk

Advanced search

Sofas

(7 Posts)
KittyandTeal Sun 02-Nov-14 14:59:48

We are moving to a new house soon and have a bit of extra money to spend on a new sofa.

I want something that will last and is good quality. We love the chesterfield style.

Does anyone have any recommendations of where to look? We've seen one we like in john Lewis but apart from that we're stuck!

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 02-Nov-14 15:10:29

I have Tetrad leather chesterfields. We've had them a few years and they're ageing very well. Comfy, classic and smart.

Chesterfields can be very uncomfortable though so my advice would be to make sure you try before you buy and try as many as you can.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 02-Nov-14 15:13:05

I would avoid multiyork like the plague.

Sofa.com are very good, customer service wise and have an excellent website for browsing and 'building' your sofa how you want it.

Sofa workshop sofas also nice but website isn't great for seeing swatches etc.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 02-Nov-14 15:19:19

If your budget stretches that far, Duresta make a lovely Chesterfield that will last forever, but it's about £6k for a 3 seater. Whereas we paid about that for 2 sofas and a chair.

KittyandTeal Sun 02-Nov-14 15:24:59

Yeah I don't think we could stretch to 6k however long they will last.

I'm a tad dubious about buying sofas online because I definitely want to be able to sit on the and try them out before buying.

The chesterfield we saw in JL was really comfortable but I have experienced friends not to comfortable poked in the bum by a spring Chesterfields so I am a bit wary

Mum2Pea Sun 02-Nov-14 15:35:05

sofa.com have a very good website but also have a large showroom in chelsea where you can also pick up swatches.
their customer service is brilliant - we had issues after 5 years (just within scotch guard warranty) and both companies were great - will definitely go with them again when we buy our next ones

silversixpence Wed 05-Nov-14 09:42:25

Loaf sofas look lovely and they have a nice Chesterfield style one which looks comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now