Talk

Advanced search

T shirts- most efficient storage, please!

(10 Posts)
Tansie Sun 02-Nov-14 13:06:35

Have recently obtained this book and this folder device and watched about 2:20 into this video - which should come with an irritating presenter warning grin.

DH and I have a cavernous space within a built in wardrobe which we plan on filling with Ikea Pax wardrobe innards

However, I am still dithering about The T Shirt Dilemma. Surely I'm right in thinking that T shirts on hangers (as at present) will take up more space that Ms Irritating Presenter's Method? But her method, putting them in a drawer surely leaves you with nastily creased T shirts, albeit in a smaller space? I 'get' that folding them and stacking them on a shelf means you disrupt the whole pile if you pull a lower one out, so a drawer would make more sense- but what, oh what, you storage gurus, do you do with your T shirts??

pinkfrocks Sun 02-Nov-14 14:29:15

Mine are folded and stacked on a shelf. sometimes they need ironing first (again) but depends on how fussy I am that day.
I only put dresses and some knitwear on hangers, oh and trousers.

MushroomSoup Sun 09-Nov-14 23:40:01

I fold mine like in the photo- it's revolutionised my life!! Strangely there are no creases if you fold them well.

BackforGood Sun 09-Nov-14 23:45:05

Hang. If you have cavernous space, I don't see what the issue is.
If you have less space, then you can still hang, and have a 2nd rail underneath, as most clothes on hangers only need half a wardrobe height - you only need one small section then for dresses.

Erebus Tue 11-Nov-14 18:23:00

Reading with interest.

DH hangs all of his many, many, mostly unworn T shirts. They take up miles of hanging space! I am going to try careful folding.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 11-Nov-14 18:35:10

She folds het shirts the wrong way! Much prettier if you fold them so neckline not visible.

Erebus Tue 11-Nov-14 22:18:41

I thought she did 'no neckline visible'?

BeCool Fri 14-Nov-14 12:16:33

I fold most clothes like the tshirts in the drawer now.
It has changed my life!!

It is also worth thinking about how many tshirts you actually need & get rid of the rest. you don't HAVE to keep them all.

cartoontrickster Sun 16-Nov-14 08:53:13

i did ours like that after seeing it on Pinterest . dh is messy so his didn't stay like that for long! i loved it as i could see all the tshirts i had and realise that i hardly wore at least half of them blush . Imo its brilliant, no rifling through a pile to find the one you want.

CarpeJugulum Sun 16-Nov-14 08:56:20

I folded t-shirts and work blouses like that. Stuck them in a suitcase, got to the hotel, and NO creases. None. Normally I have to borrow an iron. Did hang them in the bathroom to get the flattened look out, but that was all.

It's amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now