Talk

Advanced search

Mops, and keeping them clean.

(3 Posts)
msfreud Wed 29-Oct-14 10:04:59

Slightly ashamed to have reached the age of 31 and not have figured this out yet. blush

How do you clean your mop after using it? Especially if you use it with one of these "squirt and mop" floor cleaning products that don't require a water bucket?

I always feel like after the first use, I'm just going to be spreading the dirt around the floor again. Dust, cat hair, bits of food etc. And is it ever acceptable to use the same mop in the bathroom and kitchen? I have a downstairs bathroom off the kitchen so the floor area is all one long area.

SandiToksvigsQuiff Wed 29-Oct-14 10:22:29

Does the mop head unscrew from the pole? Mine does and I chuck it in the washing machine.

EmGee Thu 30-Oct-14 14:44:35

You need to hoover before mopping. I wash the lot with the same mop (although I also use floor wipes in the loo/bathroom). I tend to just rinse out my mop in hot water then leave it outside to dry. If you use Zoflora in the water, the mop smells lovely and leaves a fragrance in the laundry room for a few days afterwards!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now