Talk

Advanced search

Toy Storage for Living Room

(7 Posts)
LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 28-Oct-14 10:35:38

Can anybody recommend some nice looking toy storage for our living room? I'm happy for it to be obviously toy storage, would just like for it to look nice! DH is a carpenter and I'm fairly arty so we could adapt plainer stuff to suit. I also have a labrador that likes to chew so plastic won't be strong enough. Any suggestions?

ItMustBeALime Tue 28-Oct-14 14:07:00

How about a plain wooden box like this? If DH is a carpenter he could probably knock one up for far cheaper too...

We'd be totally lost without our expedit and trofast units from ikea. The expedit is quite grown up so we just have boxes along the bottom for toys, the trofast looks more like proper toy storage. worth a Google. ikea also do a white toy chest which has proved useful but you can get more organised with the other two rather than just chucking everything in

nottheOP Wed 29-Oct-14 13:30:09

We use the 4x4 expedit, it's fab. It's called something else now, maybe Kallak

Diryan Wed 29-Oct-14 15:25:24

We have a couple of these in our living room. They come in different colours & you can get different styles of box to fit on them.

LetThereBeCupcakes Tue 04-Nov-14 07:24:05

Sorry I've not been back, manic couple of weeks here! Diryan I love the verbaudet one, sadly DDog would have all of the toys out of the box and eat them all hmm.

The IKEA one looks very flexible. Might need a trip out to check dog-proof-ness of the boxes. Also love the idea of a good old fashioned trunk, it could double up as a seat presumably which is very appealing! Thanks so much everybody.

CheerfulYank Tue 04-Nov-14 07:28:39

DH built something like this for our living room. It's white with six shelves and has three baskets, leaving a few shelves open for books and framed pictures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now