Talk

Advanced search

Blender...Mixer...help!

(13 Posts)
ItsGotBellsOn Mon 27-Oct-14 21:19:03

I need a mixer for whisking and cake making.

I need a blender for making soups and chopping veg etc.

I would also like a smoothie maker.

Do I really need three separate machines?

If so - any tips for reasonably priced and decent ones?

Many thanks

spiderbabymum Mon 27-Oct-14 21:24:50

I got a second hand keen wood chef on eBay
It looks like new and came in the box
Has the blender attachment
I love it
It's a real work horse
K mix useful for cakes , baking general use
Balloon whisk foe eggs , cream
Blender for soups smoothies
I know it will last 20 years or more

spiderbabymum Mon 27-Oct-14 21:28:01

Or

Would this meet your needs

Friend gIT it ....mostly fr veg prep and soups and is happy with it

www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-MCM4100-Compact-Processor-Anthracite/dp/B004YGAF60/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1414445176&sr=1-1&keywords=bosch+food+processor

It looks really good . And very reasonable l friend bought it because it was a best buy on which

kaymondo Mon 27-Oct-14 21:28:12

Another vote for kenwood chef with blender attachment here! I got the blender attachment free when I bought my mixer from John Lewis too.

bruffin Mon 27-Oct-14 21:30:24

This Bosch will do everything but chop the veg, but you can get an attachment for that it does slice and grate cheese

attachment that will chop as well

bruffin Mon 27-Oct-14 21:31:17

forgot to say the bosch i linked to is a stand mixer as well.

spiderbabymum Mon 27-Oct-14 21:33:12

My best tip is think second hand

I was amazed at the sheer number of preloved keen wood chefs there were within a drive from my home .

Lots were obv bought as a bit of a project ....then sold a yeaer ir two later ....
So good bargains for a quality product

caroldecker Mon 27-Oct-14 21:57:45

My Kenwood is 18 yrs old, used at least weekly. My sister has my Mum's, which was her wedding present and still going strong.

mouselittle Wed 29-Oct-14 19:08:14

I use my magimix for all those things and more. It comes with a whisk attachment but I've not tried that yet. I did read on reviews that it wasn't great at whisking. The magimix has great reviews as an all rounder though.

Norfolkandchance1234 Mon 10-Nov-14 10:22:48

I have the Bosch mixer that Bruffin - has link to and I love it. It does come with a blender but I already have a lovely glass blender which is bigger that I use everyday for smoothies and blending soups.
I use my Bosch mixer all the time for bread making, muffins, pancakes.
I use my hand held electric whisk though for creaming butter and sugar for cakes as Bosch mixer not so great for that as amounts too small.
The size of the Bosch mixer is a perfect size for what I use it for. I think the larger mixers are just to big for the amounts I cook with. Although I guess I wouldn't say no to a kitchen aid even if it is a bit big for my needs.

bruffin Mon 10-Nov-14 11:07:08

I use it for cakes but i tend to make large bundt cakes rather than small ones.

Norfolkandchance1234 Mon 10-Nov-14 16:17:15

I really should make double the amounts and make 2 cakes at a time and freeze one.

RaisingSteam Mon 10-Nov-14 20:25:01

I've also got a secondhand Kenwood Chef from ebay - 1960s vintage, £45 with the blender and various other attachments. I can't believe I've left it so long (I had a very cheap food processor up to now). It really makes noticeabley better cakes, bread and velvety soups. Cant' advise on smoothies - would you use the juicer?

We looked at getting a new one but it would be 5x as much and it seemed a lot of money to risk for a gadget that I wasn't sure would earn its worktop space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now