Talk

Advanced search

Cancelling a kitchen order

(5 Posts)
Chockey Mon 13-Oct-14 15:08:22

I ordered a Homebase kitchen at the beginning of September but am having 2nd thoughts about it.

I paid for it on 12 months interest free credit (basically a loan) so I haven't handed any money over yet.

The loan company said it wold be OK to cancel the loan without any penalties but advised me to speak to Homebase regarding the order. I spoke their customer services and they said it wouldn't be the first time someone had done this and couldn't see a problem as long as it hasn't been delivered. They said I would have to go into store and have a chat with them.

I haven't tried going into the store yet though. Just wondering if anyone has tried to cancel a kitchen order before?

Help !

PigletJohn Mon 13-Oct-14 16:56:46

I don't know. Your order documents will describe the cancellation process.

In the meantime, rather than spend another day thinking about it, put a cancellation letter in the post to the place where you ordered it, and the address that you got a confirmation letter from. Quote your order number unless you have lost it. Don't waste time while you look.

The sooner you put your cancellation in writing, the better.

Chockey Mon 13-Oct-14 19:53:56

That's just it - there is no mention in the paperwork of what to do in this situation.

I will be contacting them in the morning.

Just wondered if anyone else had tried cancelling this type of order with Homebase ?

lightningstrikes Tue 14-Oct-14 22:36:48

I had a friend who cancelled her kitchen order with Homebase, she didn't have a problem.

Chockey Sun 02-Nov-14 11:27:04

Thanks.

Turns out all I had to do was make one phone call to say I was cancelling - as you said no problem at all - such a relief !!!

I am now in the process of having a Howdens kitchen installed - feel much happier now.

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now