Talk

Advanced search

Carpet washers

(8 Posts)
imawigglyworm Sun 12-Oct-14 18:41:45

Can anyone recommend a good carpet washer that really cleans well?
With 3 messy DS's my vax isn't really cutting it for a deep clean, it doesn't have great suction, filters repeatedly needing adjusting etc.
obviously not stupidly expensive but I'm happy to spend a bit on ones a I do use it regularly.
smile

EarSlaps Sun 12-Oct-14 20:05:06

I have a vax 124. It was £215 (I watched it for ages on amazon until the price dropped) and does a great job. 6 year warranty too.

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 12-Oct-14 20:21:27

I have a Bissell Cleanview Proheat, cost £200. It replaced a previous Bissell model that we just wore out blush. Since the old one died a few months ago, this one had its work cut out for it, and it did a great job. It was like the advert, where the carpet colour goes from dark grey to cream in one pass (blush again). Build quality is sturdier than before, all the little niggles in the previous model seem to have been designed out of this one.

scotchfreeescapegoat Mon 13-Oct-14 12:25:58

i had a vax duel 124-a. it was fab. it had rotating brushes on the front that were brilliant at cleaning food and dog stains of my cream carpet (3 kids under 5, a dog and a husband who is obvious to mud). it was about £250 on amazon.

I had it for about 18 months and then the rotating brush motor burnt out. I called Vax. They sent a courier to collect it the next day and replaced it, no quibbles, with the latest model, which is even fab-er.

Really couldn't be happier. The first machine was really good - equivalent to a rug doctor for effectiveness, and the new one is even better.

MrsCurrent Mon 13-Oct-14 12:37:33

Replaced our Bissell proheat last year after many years amazing service (2 small boys, 1 dirty tradesman hubby and beige carpets). Newer Bissell (think it's a deep clean but I'm not at home) is better still, would definitely recommend them.

SeptemberBabies Mon 13-Oct-14 12:40:04

We have the Bissell Proheat

Four children. Dog. Cat

Brilliant carpet cleaner. Would recommend.

cheerupandhaveaglassofwine Mon 13-Oct-14 13:08:08

Vax 124A got it when comet went bust for around £160
Look on vax website and sign up for email newsletters as they quite often have decent discounts and exclusive to email recipients offers on

Also they clear out damaged box stock at around half price with full warranties

imawigglyworm Tue 04-Nov-14 17:29:20

Fab, thank you lovelies.
I brought a Bissell in the end and it's amazing! I didn't realise how bad my old one was until I used it got the first time shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now