Deodorant stains on tops

(7 Posts)
Dragonlette Fri 19-Sep-14 23:07:24

I'm finding that dp's tshirts, my tops and dd1's school blouses are becoming stained under the armpits with a build-up of deodorant and I assume some sweat as well. In fact, some of them are downright crusty with it.

How do I get rid of it? Something nice and easy please, I'd rather not spend ages scrubbing them, something to soak them would be good.

Kittykat7 Sat 20-Sep-14 03:32:30

It's one of the stains that's hard to remove once it starts to build up. Always spray the area with a stain spray before washing. Leave for 10 mins before washing. My mil used to rub with vanish soap using a toothbrush. If the stain as started to go crusty & yellow it is impossible to remove as ingrained in. Use Vanish powder in the wash with bio powder. My DH wears a tee shirt under his work shirts as his shirts get ruined otherwise.

Kittykat7 Sat 20-Sep-14 03:44:04

Just found this www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-deodorant-stains-from-clothing/

darkness Sat 20-Sep-14 05:41:35

Soak in white (clear) vinegar ...just the stain , leave for ten mins then throw in the wash with every thing else. Has always worked for me..interesting article kitty kat..wonder how the meat tenderiser works..?

Dragonlette Sat 20-Sep-14 11:09:16

Thanks for that article Kittykat. I don't know what meat tenderiser is or where to buy it, but I have baking soda in the cupboard so I'll give that a go first.

answerme123 Sat 20-Sep-14 15:09:44

I don't know about the waxy build up but I swear by RAISE armpit stain remover. It gets out the yucky discoloration from the pit area. I have saved many a shirt. I got it online www.armpitstainremover.com

marylondon91 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:56:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now