Talk

Advanced search

those electric boiled egg machines

(14 Posts)
abbiefield Mon 19-May-14 14:26:03

I know many may not see any value in them over a pan of boiling water and a egg timer, but I want one. So, if anyone has any suggestions as to which is a good one, I would welcome it.

I do need the machine to have auto switch off and a buzzer or something to sound in case I am doing something somewhere else.

Thanks.

CarolBornAMan Mon 19-May-14 14:31:31

I had the lakeland one and loved it - dont let anyone tell you they are a useless gadget - they are fabulous for generating the best boiled eggs with no fuss - mine had an alarm and would turn off ..

abbiefield Tue 20-May-14 05:54:08

Thank you for that. I looked at Lakeland but they do not seem to have one.

I was looking at the Andrew James , Wahl (which is only a boiler not a poacher but I want it mainly for boling eggs) and also one I saw in a Coopers of Stortford booklet I got by " LetsGet Cooking" ( with newpaper I think) the other day. But I am not sure if there are any better.

Thanks again.

deepinthewoods Tue 20-May-14 06:07:40

I didn't know such things existed. What happens at the end of the cooking time? Don't the eggs continue to cook after the power shuts off?

Arriety Tue 20-May-14 07:15:28

Get one of these; they rule! You can boil 4 eggs or poach one, and make your toast at the same time. Disclaimer: I am a kitchen gadget addict blush

NowthenMcmardybum Tue 20-May-14 08:32:01

Oh bum! Now I need one of those. Fecking good housekeeping costing me a fortune grin
<looks at array of zoflora bottles, microfibre cloths and brand new steam mop. Adds egg maker to list>

TheBitterBoy Tue 20-May-14 23:23:19

Oh yes you need one. I have had mine for years and years, but it's from Germany where they all use them, so can't help out with a make to get. I have actually never boiled an egg in a pan and can't imagine why anyone would want to faff about when there is such a fab gadget available!

Princesspond Tue 20-May-14 23:40:06

I think mine is a Bosch one, I've had it for years. I love it as it cooks soft boiled eggs perfectly. Can cook up to six at once. I suspect that they are all pretty similar. The buzzer is very loud, makes me jump when it goes off

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 21-May-14 09:21:18

Now I want one too!

MrsHoolie Sat 24-May-14 00:13:32

I got one in Lidl for about £8. It was a fee months ago.
It's great.
That toaster/egg boiler combo looks amazing!

madasa Sat 24-May-14 11:12:34

I bought one for my parents.
It was still going strong after about 30 years and was used at least once a week...it was brilliant

Frikadellen Sat 24-May-14 21:13:44

we have a cheap one and I blinking love it. it is so easy and straight forward and perfect eggs every time smile.. Ours was from Amazon.

abbiefield Tue 27-May-14 08:50:02

Thanks for all the comments.

I was in Lidl last Saturday and they had an egg cooker �7.99. I dont think it was last weeks offers - maybe the week before, but they had a couple left. So I got one. I tried it out and now everyone in the family can cook the eggs for salad or toast and soldiers. smile smile

TinaBop Mon 23-Mar-15 12:59:17

I bought the Andrew James egg boiler last week.Just cooked four eggs in it ,medium boiled and it was perfect! Can't wait to try the poached egg attachment, there is also a steamer attachment,not for eggs,though,handy to steam small amounts I suppose? The only thing I will say........I had to look on u tube to make sure I had put it together ok, as the instruction book hadn't ANY diagrams ! I have struggled for years to get runny dippy eggs,so very glad I bought this,and a reasonable price too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now