Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher problem. Some dishes clean some not.

(5 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 30-Mar-14 10:33:20

confused It doesn't seem to be the filter, I wash it often anyway. Never had this problem before. Some dishes are as dirty as I put them in, others not.

ClaimedByMe Sun 30-Mar-14 10:37:08

I had this problem, turns out when I got the instruction book out 3 years after I got the machine that you are also supposed to take the arm things off that spray water and give them a rinse, turns out the were blocked and full of gunge type stuff, it works fine after rinsing them! I also use rinse aid and salt despite tablets having them in and living in a soft water area.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 30-Mar-14 10:43:00

Right.

Clean all the arms out like claimed said.
Top up the rinse aid and salt.
Run a hot cycle on empty with a cup of soda crystals.

Then do a cycle of dishes and see if its sorted it.

LyndaCartersBigPants Sun 30-Mar-14 10:59:52

I always find mine is useless when the salt gets low. I live in a very hard water area. Also it depends a lot by whom how it is stacked, as I always leave a space between each plate and have a specific order to put in the various shaped bowls. When DP other people have loaded it I get more dirty stuff, but I don't want to be that person who moves it all around after it's been done, so I just put it back in for a second go!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sun 30-Mar-14 11:56:16

Hi, thanks for all the messages!

I rinsed the sprinkling arms (can't open them) and we'll see. I stack it always in the same way so on this occasion I think it might be the arms. There was a bit of wet paper (like from jars' labels) that came out. Need to rinse the recycling by myself then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now