Talk

Advanced search

Boooorriiiiing but what Tupperware is good?

(16 Posts)
notso Fri 28-Mar-14 18:49:51

I have a random selection of odd shaped Tupperware, loads of lidless boxes and loads of boxless lids, also loads of cheap stuff MIL gave me where the lids don't fit.
I never seem to have the right sized container for anything. What is a good option, which brands etc.

If you've got this far without nodding off thanks grin

Mrswellyboot Fri 28-Mar-14 18:56:23

I love these types of threads (party animal, me ;) )

Try something like these. I always go for the snap lids as they don't shrink

I do tend to use disable Chinese takeaway style ones (pound shop) mostly though, for ease

Mrswellyboot Fri 28-Mar-14 18:56:41

www.amazon.co.uk/Sistema-Klip-Storage-Container-Pack/dp/B0001MQGXW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1396032876&sr=8-5&keywords=Sistema

Mrswellyboot Fri 28-Mar-14 18:57:05

Disposable blush

halfwayupthehill Fri 28-Mar-14 19:01:23

Does anyone know of a set that stacks inside itself to save space?

notso Fri 28-Mar-14 21:11:49

Yay I'm not alone!
I use a lot of those from the many takeaways we eat Mrswellyboot they are great for small portions but I need bigger!

That would be good halfway

PoppyAmex Sat 29-Mar-14 07:05:47

I have two under two, cook everything from scratch and have very little time so I buy disposable takeaway containers for leftovers and to freeze batch cooking.

To store pantry stuff (pulses, small baking things like seeds, almond flakes) I use IKEA pruta. Cheap but does the job for storing long term without daily heavy duty washing.

For all the rest I use Glasslock which is super resilient and closes really well.

I didn't realise I had a Tupperware system and so much to say about itblush blush

iggymama Sat 29-Mar-14 10:29:39

Lock & Lock make nestable containers which store neatly. Also the lids will fit several sizes of box, they are sold in Lakeland

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/search/nestable/q01.r10.1

BrownSauceSandwich Sat 29-Mar-14 10:38:39

Clicky link for the nestable ones:
www.lakeland.co.uk/search/nestable/q01.r10.1

Also, lock-and-lock do a set of lidded bowls which store inside each other. Bit of a PITA when you need the smaller one and have to open and close all the others to get at it, but does save space.
www.lakeland.co.uk/10337/Lidded-Lock-and-Lock-Bowls

sunshinemmum Sat 29-Mar-14 20:01:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

13loki Sun 30-Mar-14 03:17:07

I can't use IKEA pruta. Prutta (with 2 ts) is Swedish for fart. (misses point of thread)

stuckindamiddle Mon 31-Mar-14 09:14:49

sistema

the Ikea stuff with green lids

TravelinColour Mon 31-Mar-14 09:17:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LyndaCartersBigPants Mon 31-Mar-14 09:59:17

I bought some Tesco versions of lock and lock, so the lids will stay on in the DCs' lunchboxes, but mainly just use takeaway containers too, freezing stuff in 2 person portions.

camflower Mon 31-Mar-14 18:05:10

lock'n'lock - but avoid the round ones, the clips tend to break off i have found

starfishmummy Mon 31-Mar-14 18:25:25

Lock and Lock can be bought at The Range if you have one nearby. Haven't seen the stacking stuff there though.
At the moment I have a cardboard box with my various lock and locks and similar ones in it. But could really do with the stackable sort....plans shopping list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now