Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof, superking, extra-deep, quiet mattress protector - do these even exist?

(8 Posts)
podmumlet Mon 24-Mar-14 11:50:16

We have recently bought a new superking mattress as our DS loves climbing into bed with us. I would like to keep the mattress pee and tea stain free, and recently bought a Comfortnights SuperKing Waterproof cover, and it is a dream! It doesn't make a rustling noise when you sit on the mattress and its super soft to the touch.

Sadly, it is just not deep enough which means and pulls up and gathers under the fitted sheet and defeats the purpose of having one.

I recently bought another fitted sheet but really didn't like the crinkling noise it makes and can't imagine sleeping on it!

I am struggling to find a mattress protector that fits my criteria - has anyone found one?

LadySnapcase Mon 24-Mar-14 11:58:13

I bought one of these for our superking bed when I was pregnant, was very quiet and seemed pretty deep?

LadySnapcase Mon 24-Mar-14 11:59:24

Actually, just realised it has elastic to attach it so doesn't go down the sides, might not be what you want...

podmumlet Mon 24-Mar-14 12:01:59

Thanks for the speedy reply LadySnapcase

Yes, that is the one that I have currently. It really is a superb mattress cover, but just that little bit not deep enough it seems sad

Worse case scenario, I will stitch the cover onto a fitted sheet and place that sheet under another fitted sheet if I cannot find one deep enough grin

But that seems a bit desperate.

fivepies Mon 24-Mar-14 12:03:04

We've got these
John Lewis
They are deep.

podmumlet Mon 24-Mar-14 12:03:18

Really? Nope, it is on a fitted netting, but just not deep enough...

podmumlet Mon 24-Mar-14 12:06:17

Whoops - sorry for all the cross replies.

The John Lewis one is for 32cm depth - off to remeasure my mattress...
I thought I needed 38cm depth, but now I'm not so sure.....

podmumlet Mon 24-Mar-14 12:48:24

Ohhh... just found this Allergon one

Has anyone used this one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now