Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got a hot water dispenser instead of a kettle?

(19 Posts)
rollonthesummer Sun 09-Mar-14 19:04:59

If so-do you recommend it? They look really funky but I'm not sure if they would be a pain?

Some of the reviews say they either dispense too much or not enough water?!

contortionist Sun 09-Mar-14 19:21:37

I have a cup http://www.breville.co.uk/vkj318-gloss-black-hot-cup-with-variable-dispense.html which is brilliant. You can adjust the quantity easily, and it's much quicker & easier than a kettle for making one or two hot drinks. I still have a stove-top kettle for mass catering.

IBlameThePenguins Sun 09-Mar-14 19:35:20

My in laws have one. They love it, but DH and I both think it makes the tea/coffee taste a bit yuck!!

celestialsquirrelnuts Sun 09-Mar-14 19:42:07

I have a quooker. It is fantastic, I would never go back to a kettle. It does produce proper boiling water though, not hot water. The ones that make hot not boiling water are hopeless for making tea...

Pagwatch Sun 09-Mar-14 19:44:00

Yes.its a quooker
It's fantastic. I woud never go back.
It doesn't affect the taste - its just boling water fom a tap.
Great for cooking too.

Quooker here too. Love it. Ours supplies the hot water tap as well as the boiling water tap.

rollonthesummer Sun 09-Mar-14 20:39:43

I didn't know what a quooker was?!

I've just googled-are thy expensive to run?

The breville hot cup looks more in my price range! Does it make water hot enough to make a cup of tea?

justmyview Sun 09-Mar-14 20:43:57

We have a Tefal "One cup". Ideal for a cup of tea but we still use kettle for cooking

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Mar-14 20:47:07

We have Zip Taps at work. They are rubbish. They don't make boiling water, which means they don't make proper tea.

DumSpiroSpero Sun 09-Mar-14 21:01:38

We were given one by a friend of DH's a few years ago (I think it's a Tefal off the top of my head).

It was a novelty at first and DH still uses it but I'm not a big fan tbh. It's alright for coffee if you're really desperate, and ideal for hot blackcurrant drinks for DD and filling hot water bottles, but I wouldn't make tea with it if you paid me.

It doesn't dispense that quickly and is bloody noisy.

In short, I could happily live without it.

WillSingForCake Sun 09-Mar-14 21:07:14

Tea needs to be made with freshly-boiled water - tastes strange otherwise!

Eastpoint Sun 09-Mar-14 21:17:19

We have a quooker, it is brilliant. I think they are supposed to cost 3p a day to run which is less than a kettle. There are other cheaper brands, my father installed one in his old office to save time (lots of tea needed in his old office).

MissBeehiving Sun 09-Mar-14 21:17:45

I have a boiling water tap and there is no way I'd go back to a kettle.

Gemdar Sun 09-Mar-14 21:20:13

Used to have a tefal one cup. Found it frustrating after a few months and tea wasn't great as not 100C plus grew algae in water when left in sun.

Returned to kettle until kitchen done and splashed out on quooker, no regrets with that!!

WTActualF Sun 09-Mar-14 21:25:18

We have a quooker and love it. I think it makes great tea and would never go back to a kettle.

JWIM Sun 09-Mar-14 21:25:42

Another Quooker user here. Makes tea with boiling water and great for pasta/veg cooking. No need to boil more water than needed for a cup or pan. As water is boiling temp it takes seconds to bring the pan to boiling to cook pasta/veg - so a further fuel cost saving.

morethanpotatoprints Sun 09-Mar-14 21:27:33

Joke

What's a Greek Urn?

cessie322 Sun 09-Mar-14 23:38:59

My parents have the quooker and have done away with the kettle. I have to say I don't like the tea at all from it.

Eastpoint Mon 10-Mar-14 04:42:43

2/6 a week

One of my dad's favorite jokes. His other was

How do you make a Venetian blind?

Morethanpotatoprints wrong thread?
:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now