Talk

Advanced search

How do I clean my slow cooker?

(8 Posts)
Felix90 Fri 28-Feb-14 19:34:30

DP made pulled pork in the slow cooker and managed to make it leak everywhere. I've cleaned the internal crockery pot bit after soaking it, but the inside of the metal outer bit is covered in burnt on pulled pork juice. I have no idea how to remove it! Does anyone have any ideas?

DrewsWife Fri 28-Feb-14 19:39:00

Mine stuck a plastic Chinese carton kid between the pot and the heated section. Can't get that off but my thought would be soapy cloth and then maybe some dettol.

DrewsWife Fri 28-Feb-14 19:39:16

Lid holy crap not kid!!!

Felix90 Fri 28-Feb-14 19:46:44

Haha brilliant typo! Its properly burnt on and I can't seem to budge it with the usual methods sad

PigletJohn Fri 28-Feb-14 20:05:04

green nylon scourer and WUL. Do a bit, then leave it to soak in for a bit, and rub a bit more. Do not immerse the outer in water.

The lining is probably aluminium so will not stand up to aggressive cleaners.

bellablot Fri 28-Feb-14 20:15:54

Are you talking about the bit which contains the electrical element? Cleaning with water would be a mistake surely...? I'm sure the advice on the instructions would be not to get any liquid in there at all, which us why you shouldn't over fill your slow cooker. I would email the manufacturers and ask for their advice before you douse.

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 28-Feb-14 20:39:48

We used a brillo pad! Didn't immerse in water but then used a cloth rinsed many times to wipe off the soapy dirt residue...

HectorVector Sat 01-Mar-14 08:23:49

I've just left mine? You can't see it and it doesn't burn. I'm pretty sure the instruction say not to clean it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now