Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to put on wall over woodburner

(3 Posts)
mersea208 Fri 28-Feb-14 17:04:44

Just about to decorate lounge (rewallpaper) took mirror down to try and sell and there is some black soot on the wallpaper. This has come from the woodburner could it happen again? I would like to sell the mirror and put something else up poss. wallart but if the black soot thing comes back it will show (can't wipe off as am having textured wallpaper in cream) yes I know! Do I put back the mirror I don't like in case the soot returns or take a chance? Put up wallart/picture? Thanks.

PigletJohn Fri 28-Feb-14 19:48:09

don't put a mirror above a stove or fireplace. One day someone will be standing close peering into it and get burned.

Soot and pattern staining from dust currents will happen again, on the wall and also on the ceiling in a patch where the warm air rises.

A shelf on the chimneybreast will help a bit as it disrupts the rising warm airstream.

dizhin79 Mon 03-Mar-14 00:42:32

woodburner + cream textured wallpaper hmm very brave!! I think I would save your money on the art and go for an ostrich feather duster instead!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now