Talk

Advanced search

DD has torn her expensive school coat!

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 08:03:03

The sleeve, which has a fleece lining with a waterproof fabric, got caught yesterday on a piece of sharp cornering.
It's a really expensive jacket so I definitely want to try and fix it but because of the lining I can't turn it inside out to sew it up.
Any ideas please?
TIA

PurpleFrog Fri 28-Feb-14 09:47:26

I would unpick a seam of the lining in the sleeve and turn it inside out to do.

mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 10:32:46

Oohy, sounds a little out of my league smile.
Isnt there a nice roll of sticky tape I can use!

PurpleFrog Fri 28-Feb-14 10:35:35

Yes - but I would still use it on the inside. We got a hole in our tent a few years ago and I got some really good tape stuff from an outdoor shop which did the job neatly. It would be fine for clothing as well. I'll have a hunt tonight and see if I can find what it was called.

BloooCowWonders Fri 28-Feb-14 10:41:51

Dry cleaners? They usually have someone at a sewing machine who can fix stuff!

mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 13:19:43

thanks very much PF and thanks Blooocow too.
Trouble is she needs the coat every week day (it's part of the school uniform) so i'd have to find a dry cleaner who can do it one saturday.

sandiy Fri 28-Feb-14 17:43:50

How about some iron on interfacing pushed through the hole an straightened then ironed so the gap closes or if you want really lo tech you need reflective tape for clothes which sticks nicely.Is it in a place where you could just stick or sew a fabric motif over if there are loads of designs online or in fabric shops.

mckenzie Fri 28-Feb-14 22:05:03

Unfortunately Sandy is quite a large L shaped tear. The more I look at it the more I think it might have to be a new coat! I've ordered some special tape from Amazon to try. Or rather I've ordered some special tape for my MIL to try smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now