Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone suggest anything to stop my rug slipping?

(9 Posts)
Hotmad Wed 26-Feb-14 14:39:02

We have wooden floors, and I've tried a type of rug tape, so if anyone knows a good brand of rug tape or underlay cos the ones I've tried don't work for long..... Or any other suggestions welcome

Fontofnowt Wed 26-Feb-14 14:41:15

Tried the rubber coated mats from poundstretcher?

SewCrafty Wed 26-Feb-14 21:28:57

I've used one of these from John Lewis, my large rug/carpet has not moved an inch. Doesn't add any thickness to it. Quite tricky to get it right in the first place as it's sticky front and back, but once down doesn't budge.

PigletJohn Wed 26-Feb-14 22:01:01

some people say the sticky plastic mesh ones work better if you wash them occasionally, I think the sticky can get clogged with dust or polish.

ggirl Wed 26-Feb-14 22:03:54

dunelm mill ones are the best ime

Googleplexmania Thu 27-Feb-14 10:56:57

Ikea do a brilliant one - looks like felt and is deceiving as you wouldn't think it would work but it really does.

LegoCaltrops Thu 27-Feb-14 10:58:27

The Ikea one is good & very reasonably priced.

FreshWest Thu 27-Feb-14 11:35:09

Another vote for Dunelm. You get it from the made to measure dept, so the width is fixed but you can have the length you want.
It's also like a type of felt so it could be cut if needed.
I would add that I needed an extra pair of hands to actually lay the rug on it, as when the rug is on one part it cannot be shifted!

Hotmad Thu 27-Feb-14 12:50:58

Thanks guys I just bought the dunelm one so hopefully that will do the job

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now