Talk

Advanced search

non bio washing products and stain removers

(8 Posts)
candm Tue 25-Feb-14 12:59:32

what do you think is the best non bio washing product?

what do you think is the best stain remover spray?

ilovepowerhoop Tue 25-Feb-14 13:57:06

is there a reason why you would want to use non-bio? Bio products give better results and remove stains better too.

I find washing up liquid rubbed into a stain with some water before washing in the machine works better than most stain removers.

BirthdayMuppet Tue 25-Feb-14 15:10:37

If you want to use non-bio, then Persil and Ariel always come out best in the Which? tests, and in fact iirc, the big brands all out perform the own brands. Use mysupermarket.com to find out where has the brand you want on offer, and only ever buy it on offer, that's likely to make it equivalent in price to supermarket own.

Cheshireblue Tue 25-Feb-14 18:00:10

My children both have sensitive skin and I have to use non-bio. I have tried them all (including all the new trendy organic ones) and Persil is the best by far

Mintyy Tue 25-Feb-14 18:03:46

I give stained things a soak for 4 hours in a weak solution of bio powder in warm water, rinse in the machine and then wash with non-bio.

But washing up liquid rubbed in is the best way to deal with grass stains. Wet with cold water first.

napkin Tue 25-Feb-14 23:54:24

I use persil non bio and washing up liquid for stains too, but soak whites in the sensitive vanish for a hour before washing.

ShoeWhore Wed 26-Feb-14 19:19:57

I use Sainsburys own brand non bio and it works a treat. I never pretreat stains (and with 3 very active dcs there are plenty of stains) and only occasionally have to rewash (at which point I usually chuck in some vanish tbh).

Mintyy Wed 26-Feb-14 19:32:56

Sainsbury's non-bio has a lovely smell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now