Talk

Advanced search

Carpet cleaning machines

(10 Posts)

I'm considering buying a carpet cleaning machine, we've used the Rug Doctor one on hire occasionally but it is very big and heavy for me, so I was thinking about buying something smaller.

Anyone got any experiences they'd like to share? Pros and cons of different types? I have been looking at Vax and Bissell ones so far.

PartyFops Fri 21-Feb-14 20:07:38

We have one of these . It is brilliant, we use it alot.

Thanks, just had a quick look, good reviews too.

Skivvywoman Fri 21-Feb-14 21:05:08

My DH cleans carpets they use industrial ones for big dirty areas but for homes they use a machine from machine mart (sorry you will need to google) it's like a Henry but it's just blue, honestly it's the best and it's only about £130 and you can clean fabric sofas to with it smile

TimeTaker Sun 23-Feb-14 13:57:38

We've got the Vax all terrain carpet cleaner (got it on offer - not the full £399 it is on the Vax website for) and it is great. We had a cheaper vax before that but this one is definitely better.

sarahoconnor1 Thu 27-Feb-14 21:29:51

Hi guys,

I maybe a little late, but just got the following carpet cleaner last week Vax V 125A Carpet Cleaner and I must say it is great! It is easy to carry the motor speed is powerful and best of all it is great getting rid of those deep wine stains.

If you have not purchased a cleaner yet, I recommend you check it out smile

Thanks all, sorry for not coming back sooner, got busy with other things. I will have a look at all these - the other problem is going to be where to store it, we haven't got much space, so not completely decided to get one but very tempted!

sarahoconnor1 Fri 28-Feb-14 21:50:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OneMoreThenNoMore Fri 28-Feb-14 21:54:31

I have the Vax that Party has linked to. It's really good. It's a bit heavy though.

The Vax 6131 gets a "Don't Buy" from Which magazine. The V125 sounds good though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now