Talk

Advanced search

Sorting out bedroom, help me take action & be ruthless please!

(3 Posts)
Jemster Thu 20-Feb-14 17:07:04

I'm sorting out my bedroom as it is a tip and dh has taken dc out to give me some time to do it properly.
I have so much stuff crammed in drawers and alot of it I either never wear or is just old, not stylish in any way, doesn't fit right since having dc2 and just generally seen better days.

Thing is I can't bring myself to chuck things out mainly because I don't have much spare money for clothes these days so I think I'd better hang on to all the tat!! Not sure what to do but I hate feeling I'm living in a load of clutter & junk!

Any advice welcome please.

whereisshe Thu 20-Feb-14 18:58:19

Sort by season, then occasion (casual etc). Anything you're not sure about (too old, doesn't suit you etc) put in bin bags by season/occasion with appropriate label. Store in loft (or similar inaccessible place). If you haven't needed it in 12 months time then you can chuck it.

Logg1e Thu 20-Feb-14 19:43:14

I would have one bag for things you just can't throw out, such as wedding dress. Sort out stuff you'll wear in the next couple of weeks and as Whereisshe says, store stuff you can't bring yourself to chuck.

Next time you get them all out to sort, get rid of a few of them, and so on. This approach means you end up chucking it all out, but without all of the pain.

If you hate clutter (as I do) then be ruthless and enjoy the feeling of space and clutterfreeness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now