Talk

Advanced search

HOW do I clean my baking trays?!

(12 Posts)
ShakkaKhan Wed 19-Feb-14 09:04:28

Sorry for boring post. How do I clean my baking tray quickly and effectively?! It's covered in gloopy orangey crap which is very resistant to elbow grease. I did take a pic but can't upload with my iPad. Lord knows how the grease also got on the underside of the baking tray probably my filthy oven

We got these enamel trays as a wedding present and I really don't want to ruin them by scrubbing to within an inch of their life like I do with the Pyrex ones.

I assume they can't be dishwashered but can I soak it in a dishwasher tab?

I used the scourer on it last night for about ten minutes (gently) and it still looks terrible. There must be an easier way!

ilovepowerhoop Wed 19-Feb-14 10:19:32

I use astonish paste on burnt on stuff. Costs about 89p in home bargains

ShakkaKhan Wed 19-Feb-14 11:45:37

Ooh thanks I'll look out for it. Does it make it easy? <slattern>

ilovepowerhoop Wed 19-Feb-14 11:53:46

I use a damp scouring sponge, a bit of astonish and it works really quickly - not too much elbow grease required (also a slattern)

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 19-Feb-14 12:53:39

I gave up and started using le crueset ceramic roasting dishes.

It goes through the dishwasher & everything comes off.

ShakkaKhan Wed 19-Feb-14 16:45:24

Ooh interesting Fluffy, we have some le creuset too and I assumed they couldn't go in dishwasher... This might be my answer!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:55:03

If its ceramic it can, I'm not sure about the enamelled iron ones though.

harrassedswlondonmum Wed 19-Feb-14 17:03:29

Soak with boiling water and a spoonful of bio washing powder. Then finish off with astonish and elbow grease. My 13 year old ds likes doing this for me as its a very satisfying job!

gobbin Wed 19-Feb-14 20:51:47

Yes to biological washing powder

FloppyPoppyCocky Wed 19-Feb-14 20:53:44

I buy cheap ones and throw them away. <helpful>

LaTrucha Wed 19-Feb-14 20:58:39

This thread has inspired me to post about my shower curtain. I had two niggly things i never remember to ask about. Now, just one! Thanks op.

FlumpieWumpie Wed 19-Feb-14 21:09:28

I also buy cheap ones from Sainsbury's ... and chuck them when they look a bit grim!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now