Talk

Advanced search

How best to clean a shower

(7 Posts)
Willow33 Wed 19-Feb-14 00:12:34

I know this might seem daft but does anyone use those daily cleaning sprays that you use on the shower after evey use? Are they any good and are you supposed to leave the spray on or wipe/hose away?

Furball Wed 19-Feb-14 07:51:33

You hold your breath - spray and go. (we only do the shower screen)

I find it does make a difference - we are in quite a hard water area so it marks alot.

My mum uses a window blade on her shower screen which I believe does the same. - and is far more friendly

AnythingNotEverything Wed 19-Feb-14 08:01:09

I wipe with a window blade and then sprays with shower spray every day.

When I clean the bathroom I go over it with bathroom spray and a cloth on both sides, then use the window blade.

We're in a soft water area though. I've read on here about people waxing a shower screen to stop limescale deposits.

JRmumma Wed 19-Feb-14 08:05:01

I use a spray, any supermarket brand one will do and yes they do work.

I also clean with my usual cleaner then clean again with car shampoo with added wax as its supposed to help the water run right off. I don't know if it is helping but ive done it since my shower screen was new and it doesn't have a single water mark on it. And we live in a v hard water area.

Willow33 Wed 19-Feb-14 18:19:13

Thank you. We live in a hard water area too but I think I won't have time to do the blade thing. Will try the spray.
JR am v impressed by the car shampoo!

AnythingNotEverything Wed 19-Feb-14 19:21:17

The blade hing takes seconds. I often do it while brushing my teeth.

gobbin Wed 19-Feb-14 20:50:46

...and use shower gel, never soap. We were soap users until the point where a razor blade, vinegar and bicarb were the only solutions to the crud that had built up everywhere. After rescuing it, we've kept it clean with daily shower spray and a proper Cif clean fortnightly (only gets used once a day).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now