Talk

Advanced search

edd in 3 weeks, 1 year old chenille /velvet sofas, am I doomed?

(11 Posts)
dizhin79 Sat 15-Feb-14 09:02:55

What should I be adding to my cleaning arsenal? they are scotch guarded and insured so we should be able to get them recovered but how can I protect them a little bit?
Or should I just cover my lovely new sofas with throws to protect them...... until the pfb pisses off to uni? wink

Twinsplusonesurprise Sat 15-Feb-14 23:20:05

Invest in masses of muslins and make sure you have stick piles in handy places.
That's what I did and so far so good.
(But I have washed my covers despite label instruction as DH threw a full glass of wine over 2!
All came out thank god)

Twinsplusonesurprise Sat 15-Feb-14 23:20:27

Stick should obv read stock!!

dizhin79 Sun 16-Feb-14 00:06:57

Good plan!

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Feb-14 00:12:52

I have always washed my chenille sofa covers on a delicate wash in the machine, regardless of what the cleaning instructions.

nirishma Sun 16-Feb-14 00:16:03

Mine arrived on the day I went into labour and they still look greater six months lat. They hide milk surprisingly well but I've tucked a throw into the seat of the lighter coloured one. Invest in come washable arm caps.

nirishma Sun 16-Feb-14 00:16:30

Sorry, that should say 'great six months later' grin

LegoCaltrops Sun 16-Feb-14 00:22:09

Get some bicarbonate of soda. Its very good if applied IMMEDIATELY to any sick patches. (Obviously, get the sick off first, but the bicarb will help with the smell.)

Other than that, buy lots of throws. And muslins.

mummyof2boys257 Sun 16-Feb-14 00:30:26

I put a throw over my sofa as stupidity bought a white one without thinking honestly saved it as its bad enough when all they do is spit up another when there squashing food all over it!

Rockchick1984 Sun 16-Feb-14 08:47:39

They should be fine with a newborn Diz it'll be when baby is a toddler with food / potty training / learning to drink from an open cup that they will get trashed. Just DON'T change nappies on there grin

dizhin79 Sun 16-Feb-14 20:40:28

lol, yup this is all my thoughts too. right must hunt out nice throws, unfortunately they're not lose covers so can't just be washed sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now