Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Duvet covers, and how they fit duvets

(10 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Fri 14-Feb-14 17:51:58

I can't be the only one whose duvet covers don't fit properly. Or is it the duvet doesn't for the cover??

I have an Ikea king size duvet, and an ikea king size duvet cover. So should fit perfectly. Yet the duvet seems to shrink away from the top of the duvet cover, so it flaps about a bit empty. I shake it down every night but it creeps away again. I suppose I could rotate the duvet round to even it out, although it would mean I would have a fat, puffy bit at the top and a flat flappy bit at the bottom. Is that what you're supposed to do?

I have the same problem with my daughters single duvet too. Bloody flappy empty bit of duvet cover at the top.

Does this male sense? Anyone else have this (major first world) problem. How did you solve it?

Frontdoorstep Fri 14-Feb-14 19:15:23

Yes, cotton duvet covers fit the quilt better IMO, polyester tends to not stay in place so well, I wonder if your quilt covers are cotton.

If i have any flappy bits,I rotate the quilt and cover so dh has the flappy bits at his side, he doesn't seem to notice!

Mandy2003 Fri 14-Feb-14 19:26:51

I think Ikea duvet covers are nasty. I do not know why this should be so but it is. I wanted a particular design and it came from Ikea but it feels like 100% polyester and never fits properly. I must get round to selling it!

starfishmummy Fri 14-Feb-14 19:28:44

I don't think any covers fit any duvets properly.

MrsCakesPremonition Fri 14-Feb-14 19:29:05

I have this problem, I bought some clips that fix the duvet to the top of the cover. It's not entirely fixed the problem, but it is a lot better.
www.allerguard.co.uk/page6.htm

Urbanvoltaire Mon 17-Feb-14 07:54:14

I've this problem with a few of my covers. My solution was to buy some tape with poppers on it and get out the sewing machine. I've also had to narrow the sides of some covers as they flop over the sides of the bed.

DandyDan Tue 18-Feb-14 20:36:34

Ikea duvets are sized differently to ordinary ones. So they don't fit in ordinary duvet covers properly (either too big or too small) - the same with their mattresses which only fit in Ikea beds, and which only take Ikea fitted sheets.

Total pain.

Fashionmax90 Wed 26-Apr-17 10:12:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NannyR Wed 26-Apr-17 10:56:10

Ikea do make standard sized sheets now, they didn't used to though. I recently bought bedding from them 200 x 200 and it fits my standard sized (200x200) double duvet that I bought else where. I've also bought fitted sheets from other stores that fit my ikea mattress.

WonderMike Wed 26-Apr-17 12:08:54

Is the Kingsized duvet a perfect square? What happens if you turn it 90 degrees around?

We have a super-king which is definitely not square and every time I put it in the wrong way round. I have now written on it with a sharpie grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now