Talk

Advanced search

How to clean sick/get rid of the smell out of carpet?

(8 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Fri 14-Feb-14 17:40:27

Dd vomited all over the bedroom last night . I have washed twice with dettol but there is still a slight stain and still smells a lot. What might help the stain/smell?

AndHarry Fri 14-Feb-14 19:54:24

Bicarbonate of soda sprinkled over the area, left overnight and hoovered up the next morning will help. Otherwise, hire a Rug Doctor for the day.

eggybrokenoff Fri 14-Feb-14 20:06:46

I use biological washing powder in warm water and give it a good scrub with that

gamerchick Fri 14-Feb-14 20:09:03

yep soda of bicarb works really well.. but so does bio washing powder.

It'll get rid of the smell.. the stain is elbow grease or a carpet cleaner.

DeathMetalMum Fri 14-Feb-14 20:32:07

Thanks the stain is hardly noticible. I can only see it as I know its there iyswim. I have left it too late for bicarb (dc asleep there) so will try with washing powder. With the bicarb do I just sprinkle it over nothing else?

AndHarry Fri 14-Feb-14 20:46:25

Yep, just sprinkle and then vacuum it up the next day.

gamerchick Fri 14-Feb-14 20:50:27

soda of bicarb is really amazing stuff. Even soaking your fungal infected feet in a solution works grin

MyNameIsSuz Fri 14-Feb-14 20:55:34

Oh my goodness, I'm having this problem too - it's my living room, I've cleaned every day for the last 4 days with various carpet cleaners and it still stinks! Hadn't thought of bicarb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now