Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cleaning granite worktops

(11 Posts)
juliasmythe60 Wed 12-Feb-14 10:28:02

can anyone recommend a product please? I have black ( sparkly) granite worktops but live in a hard water area. I've only to wipe the tops over and there is a limescale film over them.

I don't have time to polish and buff them every day- is there some product that can make them sparkle a bit without a lot of effort?

EasterHoliday Wed 12-Feb-14 10:30:19

yes, Method has a special granite cleaner. It's probably as cost effective as spraying them with Chanel No 5, but it does make them shine.

juliasmythe60 Wed 12-Feb-14 10:40:23

Oh great- am off shopping soon so will buy.

I blame DH- I'd never have chosen black- think it's a man thing.

NeatFreak Wed 12-Feb-14 10:43:12

I use cheap baby wipes on mine... Seems to work!!

CiderwithBuda Wed 12-Feb-14 11:28:31

I hate my black sparkly granite with a passion!

I use Method but the general one. Do a section and then wipe over with a dry tea towel.

I have the granite one. Must try again.

juliasmythe60 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:15:24

I am trying not to hate it because it was so bloody expensive.

CiderwithBuda Wed 12-Feb-14 13:21:39

I know. I got talked into mine by DH. I wanted something with the look of Carrara marble but DH thought we needed contrast - units are painted pale gray. Not listening to him next time!

JWIM Wed 12-Feb-14 14:23:47

Very hard limecale area.

We use Method granite to clean once a week. The rest of the time I wipe with a damp dishcloth to clean then dry with a micro fibre cloth. I don't leave water sitting on the granite to avoid limescale marks.

The micro fibre cloth has been fantastic and an improvement on the dry tea towel we (I) used to use.

CiderwithBuda Wed 12-Feb-14 14:30:11

Must try that JWIM. Thanks.

Mojang Wed 12-Feb-14 14:33:36

White Vinegar!

Honestly it works as well if not better than any of the more expensive solutions. I keep a plant spray filled with half water, half vinegar. Spray worktops, leave a minute or two and wipe. Good as new. Believe it has anti-bac properties too.

offblackeggshell Wed 12-Feb-14 14:38:30

Eco cloths dampened all the way. If it is particularly horrible then the method granite spray smells lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now