Talk

Advanced search

Integrated washing machines - any issues I should be aware of

(6 Posts)
fussychica Mon 10-Feb-14 18:39:55

.....and any recommendations welcome. Thinking of integrating to give kitchen a more spacious feel when refitting(it's very small).

Mum2Fergus Mon 10-Feb-14 19:59:51

House we bought about a year ago is fully integrated...first opportunity I get will swap out for free standing. Washing machine in particular developed a leak and then needed a minor repair...the kick board broke in 2 first time we removed it and has never fitted properly since. The space is so tight the machine has never fitted back in properly either (convinced they put in appliances then built the units on top of them lol)...

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 10-Feb-14 20:02:44

If its inside a cupboard you can't leave the door open so it will stink.

Lagoonablue Mon 10-Feb-14 20:29:28

Agree. Hate integrated stuff.

killedanotherthread Tue 11-Feb-14 08:17:19

anything integrated will be smaller inside than free standing; this is particularly annoying with fridges/freezers. When we changed our small kitchen recently, only the hob and oven stayed integrated. Everything else is free standing and I love it. It was also cheaper as we didn't have to buy the cabinets into which the integrated things go.

fussychica Wed 12-Feb-14 12:16:11

Thanks folks. Never considered the need to leave the door open being an issue stupid woman. I actually love my freestanding AEG and was only changing for the appearance. Your comments have changed my mind and saved me £s.thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now