Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's under your bed?!

(53 Posts)
Foureyedfox Mon 10-Feb-14 18:30:38

Does anyone have nothing underneath?! Is it even possible? Minimalist under-bed?
Too much shite stuff under ours. How I'd love to just have nicely hoovered carpet under there! <Saddo smiley>
May have to start a declutter under your bed thread. Can't be good 'chi' to have clutter under there. And the dust. Yuk. How often do you clean under yours? Fascinating topic, I knowsmile

Custardo Mon 10-Feb-14 18:34:14

divan

so drawers with shit in

RandallFloyd Mon 10-Feb-14 18:36:00

Nope nothing.
<polishes Anthea style halo>

daisychicken Mon 10-Feb-14 18:37:06

We cleared out under our bed this weekend... some of my craft stuff is stored on one side but otherwise just a thick layer of dust and some of dh's lost socks..... Under the bed is now my craft stuff and part of a new bathroom suite (rest against bedroom wall or in garage) waiting till we get time to sort bathroom...

I cannot imagine having nothing at all under the bed though!

Foureyedfox Mon 10-Feb-14 18:37:19

Heehee custardo
randall - jealous

biffnbuster Mon 10-Feb-14 18:37:57

Plastic storage boxes with shoes, bags, photo frames and candle holders. Probably clean once a month.

A couple of books,a cd or 20 and there was a spider earlier...

I am evacuating my room for the foreseeable future

wearingpurple Mon 10-Feb-14 18:39:49

I've just cleaned under mine today. It had been a while...

I've got 2 under-bed storage drawers and dh has a pile of maddening holdalls half-full of remnants from the last few business trips. I refuse to sort them through, though, so there they'll stay till he does it.

ToAvoidConversation Mon 10-Feb-14 18:39:58

Nope nothing under ours but stuff under the spare bed.

fussychica Mon 10-Feb-14 18:42:11

A couple of large boxes of photos that sit under the head end so can't be seen as you walk in the door giving the illusion of nothingwink

ThatBloodyWoman Mon 10-Feb-14 18:42:14

Storage drawers containing spare bedding, towels and throws.

Foureyedfox Mon 10-Feb-14 18:42:30

daisy ha at lost socks. And hair elastics at head end (mine)
Bathroom suite? That's an unusual one! I don't think I've ever in all my years had nothing under my bed. Apart from when we moved in/carpet was fitted!

RandallFloyd Mon 10-Feb-14 18:46:10

Just to show I'm not lying!
fascinating under bed photo

coffeeinbed Mon 10-Feb-14 18:47:36

dust
blush

CremeEggThief Mon 10-Feb-14 18:47:39

Absolutely nothing- well, apart from a few dust bunnies! Just how I like it.

Foureyedfox Mon 10-Feb-14 18:49:29

randal!! Now I am double-jealous! I feel all serene just looking at that perfect specimen of minimalistic under-bed photography!!

Showy Mon 10-Feb-14 18:52:34

Two rolls of Ninja Turtles wallpaper. A pair of curtains. A packet of digestives. A book.

RandallFloyd Mon 10-Feb-14 18:53:47

It's the little things that make you smile isn't it smile

AuditAngel Mon 10-Feb-14 18:55:04

My shoes. They should be in the wardrobe, but I sit on the bed, take them off and drop them on the floor.

I thought DH had thrown away my silver Birkenstocks as I couldn't find them. Then the same thing happened with my pale pink ones. Having just bought a new pearlised raspberry colour pair (cheap in TKMaxx) we lifted the mattress to clean under the bed and I found a stash of Birkenstocks blush

Unfortunately our bed is very low and it is hard to find stuff underneath it.

peacefuleasyfeeling Mon 10-Feb-14 18:59:40

Me! I have nothing! A fairly recent achievement, but it feels amazing!

NuzzleandScratch Mon 10-Feb-14 19:00:00

A Labrador! He's always loved sleeping under there, since he was a puppy, we've moved several times since, but he always takes up the same spot! Frustrating though as the bed's too heavy for me to move by myself, so I have to wait until dh is around to vacuum underneath.

Loving the serene under bed photo! grin

Antidote Mon 10-Feb-14 19:12:02

Dust, half a pair of slippers, a remote control car that's run out of battery (huge bed, very low to ground, can't get under to clean or retrieve car)

coffeeinbed Mon 10-Feb-14 19:22:48

I went to have a look, just in case.

Found some dog hair, three socks, all different and a pair of tweezers and a bottle of perfume. All in addition to the vast quantities dust.
Feel inspired to hoover.

CashmereMouse Mon 10-Feb-14 20:11:23

A box with my gym kit, a hat box with two fascinators, two boxes for my winter boots, and one hell of a lot of dust. blush

In my defence it's a king size solid oak frame and there is no way I can lift it by myself, plus it's too low to fit the dyson very far underneath it. So about six inches round on three sides is hoovered, but the rest is fluffy!

RandallFloyd Mon 10-Feb-14 20:16:20

Very envy of those of you with beautiful beds too heavy to lift envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now