Talk

Advanced search

eugh! house stinks of fish and chips.

(11 Posts)
YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 06-Feb-14 20:13:18

I did chips in the deep fat fryer and our extractor fan is broken. have had windows open but it's freezing and smell isn't shifting. it's vile.

any tips to shift it?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Thu 06-Feb-14 21:00:19

bumping- anyone?

Lagoonablue Thu 06-Feb-14 21:00:50

Light a smelly candle.

Aaliyah1 Fri 07-Feb-14 00:25:21

No tips but have the same problemconfused

MillyMollyMama Fri 07-Feb-14 00:35:36

Jo Malone Grapefruit and Rosemary room spray. Neutralises the smell and is a lovely clean fresh room fragrance. Sharper than a candle so cuts through odours. Not cheap but well worth the money.

JanetSnakehole Fri 07-Feb-14 00:37:28

Scented candles

Gerty1002 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:24:38

Febreeze (sp?) any fabrics that the smell may have clung to, including carpet. I very rarely use our deep fat fryer for this reason (it's a mini one that lives in its box in the cupboard!) but when I do I always close the kitchen door and open the window. Also changing the oil regularly helps minimise the smell.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 07-Feb-14 17:53:22

Put some butter and a big spoon of cinnamon in foil with the top open and 'cook' it. Lovely smell!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 07-Feb-14 18:06:06

Thanks all! I had no smelly candles, just frebeze so everything got a lively dousing of that. It helped a good bit but smell still here a bit today. I am another who rarely uses deep fat fryer and dont think i will again tbh. The smell is just too horrible, especially with no extractor fan.

PestoStormissimos Fri 07-Feb-14 18:07:53

Any candles will do. Light them & they will eradicate the smell.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 07-Feb-14 18:09:53

I have none at all grin lets hope the electric doesnt run out! I have a lighter. And cigarettes. but thats not the sort of replacement smell i was going for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now